heel rub injury/ form inquiry.

cabsav

Barefooters
Aug 9, 2023
stanwood, wa
So I have been slowly transitioning to full barefoot after a season of long sandal runs still resulted in some knee pain. Went slow with about 3 x 1.5 mile run per week was going great! last week ramped up to 7x 1.5m runs in 9 days, and noticed that I rubbed away a portion of my heel. the injury appears to be frictional in nature not impact. It also appears to have a directionality from back to front of foot with a fraying aspect on the leading/forward border of the injury. This did grind down to healthy vasculated tissue that did become painful, but I didn't not experience pain while running. Both feet have the same injury, slightly more deep on the right vs left. Right knee is my problem knee. I have included two pictures. Any help appreciated. I can't express how much I love running barefoot. Thanks in advance for any help! foot.jpg foot2.jpg

I'll ask Dr. Mark to get back with you.

Just received word back. Dr. Mark has been traveling and will be answering your questions upon his return within the next day or so. Thanks for your patience.

thanks for the share. definitely friction issue as all blisters/skin irritation issues are. injinji socks are great as your skin adapts to new conditions. using a friction balm can also help. run soft and quiet :) that is best way to reduce friction. nothing to be alarmed w here....just adapting. hope this helps.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts