For dog lovers...and deer lovers

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
The dog will be a best friend

The dog will be a best friend for his entire life...

The deer will taste great after a little grilling on the barbequeue smothered in garlic, pepper then coated with KC Masterpiece.

Funny, the deer don't act like that around my house...

mean and nasty

mean and nasty

Maybe it's not full grown?

Maybe it's not full grown?

Hopefully that's not in OR. 

Hopefully that's not in OR. The state would take the deer away and set it free, despite it being so tame.... Or they might have to put it down because of it being so tame.

Looks like a very small

Looks like a very small yearling whitetail doe. Although it's tough to tell from video but with no spots and no pedicles, I'm thinking it's a small doe.

Excuse me... Does...plural. There is one off the deck in a shot.

You're right though, Nick... Tame deer don't last long. Makes them easier to put an arrow through I must say...

Looks like young white-tail

Looks like young white-tail does to me. They may have been abandoned or the mom got killed. I suspect they have bonded enough with the dog that they will hang around close to the house and they have their natural protector. :)

Interesting to watch their play behavior and how a predator and a prey species still can understand each others' body language enough to play with each other and groom each other. They seem to have formed an emotional bond just like we do with our pets.

We have white-tail deer in our horse's pasture and I know my horse likes to hang out with them. Hope to get that on video sometime.

I just kept thinking "That

I just kept thinking "That monster is going to come in my garden and eat my beans and strawberries."

Fortunately our dog's favorite phrase is "Dusty, get the deer!!" Though I'm not sure what I'll do if he ever catches one ...

That was a fun video.I guess

That was a fun video.

I guess if you start with the idea that the dog is a pack animal, and that it has already agreed to let an individual of another species (human) be the pack alpha, it's maybe not such a stretch to get to a dog that accepts a deer as a pack mate.

My dog is (unfortunately) a lot meaner to other dogs than it is to my cat.

palouserider said:
Looks like young white-tail does to me. They may have been abandoned or the mom got killed. I suspect they have bonded enough with the dog that they will hang around close to the house and they have their natural protector. :)

Interesting to watch their play behavior and how a predator and a prey species still can understand each others' body language enough to play with each other and groom each other. They seem to have formed an emotional bond just like we do with our pets.

We have white-tail deer in our horse's pasture and I know my horse likes to hang out with them. Hope to get that on video sometime.

A dog who loves cats.  Now

A dog who loves cats. Now THAT's what I love!

This reminds me! Yesterday I

This reminds me! Yesterday I had cheese stuffed backstrap wrapped in bacon!!! It was to die for!!!

In our house it's more the

In our house it's more the cats that love the dogs. One of them, a black and white one named Splash just accomanied us when I was walking the 3 little dogs. He heeled next to our Cocker Spaniel, LOL. But we also have a dog that absolutely loves to be groomed by one of the cats and will literally try to crawl between the cats front paws. She's the 40 lb. black pointer running next to me in the picture. :)

That is SO funny!  I can just

That is SO funny! I can just see it. A big ole dog trying to get some lovin' from a cat. Hysterical.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7