Directly challenging the traditional shoe fitting process

On my quest to change the world, I've encountered several interesting "bottlenecks." One of these happens to be shoe stores that use the traditional shoe-fitting model. The problem- this model does not include an option for minimalist shoes.

Here's what happens- customer walks into store, asks about shoes. Shoe store employee takes them trough several "tests." The results of the test determine if they will fit in neutral, stability, or motion-control shoes. They will also determine of they need supplemental arch support.

That process does not and can not include minimalist shoes, which is a major inhibitor to widespread adoption of our ideas.

My solution- start openly challenging the validity of the tests.

Round one: http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2011/06/01/the-shoe-fitting-process-is-bullshit-an-open-letter-to-shoe-salespeople/

Who's with me?

Brilliant, as always, Jason! 

Brilliant, as always, Jason! I am so glad you chose this battle. It's been a pet peeve of mine for years now. It's high time this BS stops! THANK YOU! Keep us informed on this as you learn more please.

you left out #5 - class

you left out #5 - class action lawsuit for misleading and erroneous advice leading to, in most cases, injury.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7