Chinook copter landing on the side of a cliff, the only way it can be done...right

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Pilot was bad ass, wasn't he?

Yes, I was one of those Infantry dudes running out the back like in that video. The sad thing is that the mountain is probably much steeper than it looks in that video. Not sure why but videos and pictures never seem to catch just how steep something is.

Yes, I was, but if you've got some video of your flying, I might change my mind.

Man I miss flying in those so bad... I also miss flying in Blackhawks...
You can keep those damned helos! I don't miss them at all...wait, lemme see. Being covered in hydraulic fluid after the Shithook rides or nearly dying on every "brown out" landing in the Crashhawks...no thanks.

Man I loved it Talon. That was one of my favorite parts about being in the service. It made me a little nervous in Afghanistan barely being able to clear the tops of some of the mountains in the CH-47's , but it was pretty cool overall. Doing a Nap of the Earth in the Blackhawk at night with NODS on while flying through canyons, who doesn't like that? That was a freaking blast! My exciting days seem to be over. No rappelling out of choppers anymore, no more war, no more driving humvees through rivers. Hell I don't even rock climb anymore. The extent of my excitement is barefoot running, when I'm not injured. Yes, I miss flying in choppers a lot as well as the military lifestyle. Hard to adjust to being a boring civilian you know?

Nick, come drink with me and my friends and we'll stir up some excitement for you.
I don't mind fixed wing low level, but too many "near catastrophic" events in helos. Plus, there are a few civilian career options out there that will put you right back into it for fewer long term benefits and crummier pay if you're interested. What could go wrong?

Lol! My wife would probably ban me from drinking with you and your buddies! I do think I need to add some excitement in my life though. It's probably a good thing that all my Army buddies live in other states. The closest one to me is in Seattle I think and I got banned from going out drinking with him abut 5 years ago when he lived here because we got a little too wild... :D I'm one of those people who can drink and drink without feeling anything more than a buzz until all that alcohol suddenly slams me like a freight train and I black out, not pass out but black out. Needless to say, my Army buddies take advantage of this because I do the darndest things. They realized a long time ago that I am the entertainment, just get me a bunch of shots first.