Barefooting in Tuscany

macdiver

Barefooters
Dec 22, 2010
I just returned from a trip through Tuscany which started in Firenze and ended in Rome. We really just slept in a hotel in Rome and did not get to see any sights.

I had planned to get in three runs during this trip but only managed two: one in Firenze and one in Sienna.

In Firenze (Florence), our hotel was in the older section so my morning run went past several of the famous buildings (the Dome, several churches, the Academy which houses David etc.) and was completed on all old large stone roads. These were not cobblestone but large blocks. It was nice and cool on the feet and felt great. I have pictures of the roads and my feet which I will post later. I have several hundred pictures to upload to the computer.

In Sienna the hotel was just of the old center on top of a hill. So my run was down to the bottom and back up (17 minutes down, 22 minutes up). This run was on rough asphalt so not as nice on the feet as the old stone. I wish I could have gone over to the old city and ran there.

I bailed on my run in Perugia due to late nights and early mornings. That run would have been on true cobblestone so I was sad to have missed it.

The two runs I did make were fantastic. To run through such history on these old roads were great. Has anyone else ran on some of these old streets?

Sounds wonderful.  Looking

Sounds wonderful. Looking forward to seeing your pictures, what you mean by large blocks.

Let's see if I can get this

Let's see if I can get this to work.

First picture should be the street blocks in Florence.

Next picture should be the Il Duomo, one of the famous churches that I ran past in Florence Next picture should be my feet after my run in florence Edited because the pictures did not post. Will try again

I clicked on the links, and

I clicked on the links, and then right-clicked > copy > paste. This doesn't work for you?

Beautiful architecture, very ornamental.

crop20659.jpg

Those blocks look nice and comfy!

crop20658.jpg

crop20660.jpg

TJ, When I tried the copy

TJ,

When I tried the copy and paste, I just got the file name but no picture. Thanks for the help.

The blocks were comfy to run on. The feel of the stone was energizing. Manmade surfaces just don't compare.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7