Barefoot Runner: Aim[s] to 'spread awareness'

Christian Griffin.JPG

Barefoot Runner: Aim to 'spread awareness'
By Otago Daily Times

For some people, running a marathon in bare feet sounds like a blistering exercise in futility, but Christian Griffin says ditching his shoes for the Dunedin Half Marathon will be worth every step.

The 22-year-old Australian University of Otago geography student said he was on a mission to raise awareness about mental health, and believed his unique approach to the marathon would grab people’s attention.

"It will raise some money, and more importantly, spread awareness and get people talking about mental health.

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/campus/aim-‘spread-awareness’

Aim to 'spread awareness' | Otago Daily Times Online News
Otago Daily Times
"I'm not going to get a good time — I just want to finish the race," Mr ... The 21km distance would be the longest he had run barefoot before, ...

Reactions: Davy Dove
View attachment 10714
Barefoot Runner: Aim to 'spread awareness'
By Otago Daily Times

For some people, running a marathon in bare feet sounds like a blistering exercise in futility, but Christian Griffin says ditching his shoes for the Dunedin Half Marathon will be worth every step.

The 22-year-old Australian University of Otago geography student said he was on a mission to raise awareness about mental health, and believed his unique approach to the marathon would grab people’s attention.

"It will raise some money, and more importantly, spread awareness and get people talking about mental health.

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/campus/aim-‘spread-awareness’

Aim to 'spread awareness' | Otago Daily Times Online News
Otago Daily Times
"I'm not going to get a good time — I just want to finish the race," Mr ... The 21km distance would be the longest he had run barefoot before, ...
By the way TJ I passed 1000 messages so I should be getting the last award soon.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7