Zwift Running...

Discussion in 'Gear & Footwear' started by Lorri, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Lorri

Lorri Banned
    1. United Kingdom

For those of you who use treadmills and own an ipad thing you can, apparently, get Zwift running beta...

http://zwiftblog.com/zwift-running-easter-egg/#comment-7823

I use Zwift for cycling indoors and it's a really great platform for that, no idea what the running is like as i don't own an ipad.

2. fmagic

fmagic Chapter Presidents
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. California...
    3. Presidents

I love using Zwift for cycling. I have not tried running yet because I have my setup in my garage, a completely different room than my treadmill. It's definitely a cool concept and takes the boredom away.

Lorri likes this.
  3. fmagic

fmagic Chapter Presidents
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. California...
    3. Presidents

I know it's been a few years since the original post here, but I have more experience with Zwift Running now. I bought a Zwift RunPod to upgrade my Garmin Foot Pod. The RunPod is a lot more accurate, in my opinion. I found a great way to wear it while running barefoot. I took an old sock and cut off the top and bottom, leaving just a 1 inch strip from the arch area, and then I clip the RunPod to the sock and slide it on. It does not interfere with my running form and stays in place. I tried using it on my ankle, but it was not as accurate as having it on the top of the foot, which seems to be where foot pods were meant to be placed.