Zion 100

Zion is on my bucket list. It has some fantastic views.

The National Park Bob, or this race is on your list (maybe both)? The race is run to the southwest of Zion, but still has beautiful scenery. I am headed to Zion NP tomorrow to do a section of the Zion Traverse. I'll update that thread when I get back.

A friend of mine went to Zion last year to run the trails, I believe it was the National Park. But I could be convinced to run both with not to much trouble.

A photo from my run on December 15th. I got to run with Matt Gunn the race director. We started out on the Jem/Hurricane rim section of the course, but then moved to Gooseberry mesa because of wet conditions. The views off of this mesa are incredible. Most of the singletrack on the top was right along the edge. Slow and easy with slick conditions.
167454_393946760686593_1681540237_n.jpg

A couple more photos on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/thezion100

What a beautiful photo! And that you are in it! Wow! You should make that your desktop wallpaper. We should add it to our Sexiest Men of the BRS Calendar, although I'm not sure you can beat Sea Monkey and his Christmas nightie. Hee.

Wow looks like fun. What did you run in?

I used my old Merrell Trail Gloves which are way too tight now. I thought I got through the transition back to shoes ok with just some minor knee ache, but some funny top of big toe pain appeared. I'll be taking a few more days off from running then I wanted to. I was really impressed with the traction of the shoes in those conditions. Only one fall on my backside.

You ought to consider this race, or think about coming up for pacing, Abide.

Awesome, just plain awesome. That is all.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts