Zeitgeist Half Marathon

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Dirty Bird, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Dirty Bird

Dirty Bird Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Anyone entertaining the idea of participating in this event? Anyone ran this course before? Am curious how barefoot/sandal friendly this course is?

2. PB Junkie

PB Junkie Barefooters
    1. Idaho

I haven't run it before so I don't know how it would be barefoot. I'm thinking about running it though. (I'm not a barefoot runner).

3. Dirty Bird

Dirty Bird Barefooters
    1. Idaho

I'm not completely bare either. I have been trying to get some bare time, but it only amounts to less than two miles. Usually on the last couple of miles I will peal the VFF's or sandals off and run bare. What type of sandal or shoe do you run with? My real concern with this race is what the hills are like. I really haven't done any hill work, just flat land running. Keep me posted if this run starts tugging on ya, maybe we can try the course out prior to run.

4. PB Junkie

PB Junkie Barefooters
    1. Idaho

I was running in Luna Sandals, but I had some problems with blood blisters. I switched to Merrell Trail Gloves and was feeling beat up by the road. Now I've gone over to the dark side and I'm using Altra One2.

I did register for Zeitgeist. I do some hills in my training but I'm sure the race will be tough. I'm still excited to do it. I won't be able to meet for a run, my schedule is too jam-packed.

5. hankgooch

hankgooch Barefooters
    1. Idaho

I just ran the Portland Marathon on Sunday (zero drop Mizunos) so I am taking a little running break. No race till the Turkey Day 5k on Thanksgiving for me. Have fun!

happysongbird likes this.
  6. Dirty Bird

Dirty Bird Barefooters
    1. Idaho

PB, Best of luck to you with Zeitgeist. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this race. Have a lower back strain that is keeping me out of current running routine. I will be anxious to hear your thoughts after the Zeitgeist run.

7. PB Junkie

PB Junkie Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Sorry to hear about your back strain. Hope you're back to 100% soon!

8. Dirty Bird

Dirty Bird Barefooters
    1. Idaho

How was the Zeitgeist?