your running schedule

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by migangelo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. migangelo

migangelo
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Oregon

i got to thinking a few days ago. i know, hard to do while being in o chem. there are a few of us who run together from time to time and meet ups are becoming rare except for races. i thought maybe if everyone posted their running schedule we could see who we may be able to go run with.

i know my schedule changes every school term as well as season. in the fall and summer i prefer early mornings. winter and spring towards afternoon when it warms a little. i will edit my schedule as it changes. i also don't tend to hold a set schedule and run whenever i feel like it. if anyone else is like that you can look at everyone else's schedule and see who's going when you get the urge.

please don't forget to post where you live and where you run. this is for us and new people who join, not just the portland area people. if you want to run with someone email them. if you want to converse with them. email them. lets keep this page to just schedules so that it's not too hard to follow.

Sunday morningish. around my place usually, near Nike

Monday, 6-7am around Nike

Tuesday 6-7am around NIke

Wednesday 7am around Nike

Thursday day off or maybe with Nick around noon, murryhill, beaverton

friday noon on wildwood with paraganek

saturday 10am either nike or trail

it's and adjustabel schedule as running with others can be fun. just be warned i'm doing my aerobic base building this winter and running a slow 13m/m.

Mike

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

I usually run around Murray Hill area. My schedule is like Mike's and changes from term to term, although normally M-F are morning runs.

M-T-W-F 9-11am.

Th with Mike around noon

Saturdays I am open to trail running, but unfortunately I have to run earlier and be done no later than 11am.

3. jldeleon

jldeleon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Washington

Please also post your height (for stride), about how fast you run, and how far you typically run, and whether you do trails, pavement, or both.And the areas of town you run in.

4. jldeleon

jldeleon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Washington

I am only running pavement right now, I am short 5'3", I run about a 10 minute mile, I prefer not to run farther than 3 miles. I prefer to run at the waterfront, or that general area, but am willing to meet anywhere on the west side, or just over the river.

My schedule on Sundays through Wednesdays is open - though I do have an on-call job thatIRARELY get called to and may have to cancel occasionally, thoughwould be able to reschedule most likely in the same day, different time.

Thursdays - anytime upuntil 3 p.m.

I amNOT availableFridays or Saturdays.

5. jldeleon

jldeleon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Washington

Nick,

How fast/slow are you? You mentioned around Murray Hill, is that pavement or trails?

6. janson

janson
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Washington

Since I don't live in Portland posting my schedule woudn't help, but I do get down to Portland every couple of months, so I'll check in when I'm down there if I have time to run. If anyone is ever in the Tri-Cites and wants to run let me know. Currently I'm doing around 10/min mile up to 6 miles, but I'm training for a marathon, so I'll be upping the maximum mileage pretty quickly.

7. TheCallusedToe

TheCallusedToe
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Michigan -...

I run in the mornings in my neighborhood but would be up for an occasional Saturday run. I'm 6'2" and run 8:30-9:30 min miles depending how I feel and usually 2-6 miles. I'd like to start doing one longer (and slower 10 minutes/mile?) run on the weekends, Satuday is OK depending on weekend.

Haven't done trail running in complete bare feet yet, I bet that'd slow me down.

Jack

8. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

Jen, I am 5'7" tall, brown hair, greenish blue eyes, oh wait this isn't a personal ad. Lol. Just playing, I'm married too.

I run sidewalks in the Murray Hill Beaverton area M-F because I push a stroller. There is a paved path that is quite nice to run on that goes through Greenway Park that I run occasionally and ran with Mike last week. I usually run 2-4 miles, although I do want to start increasing one run a week to maybe 5 miles or so. Yesterday I ran at a 9:30 pace for 2 miles, but typically I run 10:30-12 min/mile comfortably. I'm not fast anymore so no worries about slowing me down like if running with Josh or Daniel from what I hear.

I would like to start trying to get some trail runs in on Saturdays, but I have a very narrow window for runs on Saturday and with it quickly becoming winter I understand if no one wants to run early mornings on Saturdays.

9. jldeleon

jldeleon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Washington

Hah! A man with a sense of humor. :) You run very close to my pace. So...do you want to run on Tuesday? I can come out there. How old is you kid? BTW - don't let Mike corrupt you. ;)

Jen

10. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

Tuesdays good for me. My boy is 18 months and my daughter is 14 yrs old. How would Mike corrupt me?

11. paraganek

paraganek
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon

I run on Wildwood trail (from Aspen or Thurman gate) from 4 to 6 miles at 9:30 pace

on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays - noon to 1 PM.

12. Joshh

Joshh
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Utah

This is great! We obviously have pretty varied schedules but also seems like lots of compatibility. I wanted to say that anyone should feel free to post here when they are going for a run. I could use all the help I can get getting peeps together. Even if it's last minute, that's fine. Nick, you make at least four of us that have teenage daughters. :)

13. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

So Josh are you saying we are an older crowd in the BRS? Lol!

14. Joshh

Joshh
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Utah

Speak for yourself Nick, Mike and I are only around 40 years young and Travis I'm pretty sure is even younger (hardly looks 30). How young are you anyway?

See you Friday!

15. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

Lol! I'm only 34, I became a parent at a young age. In some ways I feel much older. I wish I could trail run during the week. Unfortunately M-F I run with a stroller so I can't run trails. My only days for trails are Saturdays, and only in the morning at that. Life of a parent that's in college I guess. Hopefully I will get to run with you someday I hear your quite fast. I think I'm going to do the Jingle Bell run or what ever it's called, so hopefully meet you there.

16. prajna101

prajna101
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Idaho

Hey folks, It looks like most of you are on the west side, but I am here to represent SE.

I run T, W, TH, F, SU. But I can shift it around as needed. Generally my weekday runs are at lunch near the Reed College campus. Weekend runs are outer SE.

I can run on anything but really nast chip seal. I am happy for up to 2 hrs, but that is getting longer each week. Speedwork days find me in the sub 7 min pace, but most long runs fall closer to 10 min mile. I am very happy running slower too. Generally speedwork falls on Wed, and Friday in which I wear VFFs or other shoes. Other days are unshod.

17. Joshh

Joshh
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Utah

34! Just a pup! I hope you feel much older as in wiser, more experienced, lol.

Why don't you suggest a time and place that is stroller friendly for our next meet up? You can post it directly here on the forum. We (as in Mike, Dan and I) love to run trails but mixing it up with pavement or dirt roads is fine too.

See you soon!

18. NickW

NickW
    Expand Collapse

Well, Josh, I would love to suggest a time and place, but since I am not originally from here and I never go anywhere near Portland I am not familiar enough to suggest a place. Now if someone were to suggest a place...... I can use my waze app on my phone and get there. Oh, and I love trail running too I just don't get to do it much anymore. I can do early Saturday mornings though if any of you want to go. Someone would just need to tell me where. :)