You mean...I'm not alone?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefootshuffler, May 31, 2013.

1. Dima

Dima Barefooters
    1. Ohio

I stomp around on the west side of Columbus if anybody would like to form a mob sometime. I have yet to meet another barefooter in the wild. :sorry: I run some really odd hours though.

Also, greetings fellow chapter members!

Tristan-OH and Barefootshuffler like this.
  2. Yvonne

Yvonne Barefooters
    1. Ohio

Hi Tristan! Actually, I am not that far away...I am in the Utica area.... And - I sometimes run HOOT and KGT :cool: (especially in summer so I can take advantage of the shade and cooler surroundings)...I haven't come across another barefoot runner out there during my normal runs, although I did encounter a bf longboarder :). I haven't run those trails in months, been sticking to local country roads this winter.
    Would love to get together with other barefoot runners sometime!

Barefoot TJ and Tristan-OH like this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Barefooters
    1. Ohio

Wow and to think another barefooter has graced the HOOT and KGT! [​IMG] We just have to do it at the same time someday! I made a post about the KGT a long while ago, I think it was one of the first times I ran it... if anyone is interested check it out at My 1yr Anniversary Run [lots of pics]

Lately its been pretty miserable. I havent done KGT since early fall, its a bit more of a drive for me so its not worth it if the conditions are bad. The HOOT (5mi from my house) I've been running in the snow a few times this winter. Up to about 4" or so I could handle, but the beginning where there are a lot of footprints from the locals gets pretty rough with the hidden frozen footprints in the snow. On top of that we got that frozen icy layer on top that made it hard and threatened the integrity of my minishoes. At the first road crossing I went off and ran on the road instead! I'm done with it now until it melts.

Hoping for the spring melt soon! [​IMG]

4. Yvonne

Yvonne Barefooters
    1. Ohio

Yeah, I am pleasantly surprised!

Frozen footprints and icy layers in the snow are very unpleasant! I haven't run barefoot in a lot of snow. I can usually handle the packed stuff on the roads, but ran in fresh stuff in -4°F for 3.11 miles and suffered frostbite :arghh: to a few toe-tips :coldfeet: so I've become more cautious. Now I usually run much shorter distances if it's in the snow. I did run in snow drifts and puddles and slush for just over 3 miles about a week ago (14°F) without ill-effect, thankfully. I ran about half a mile out from my home and came back and repeated (in case I experienced freezing toes, I could return home in short order)....I actually quit at 3.16 miles because I was bored of the mile repeats :bored:.

I don't mind the cold...I have actually been enjoying my winter barefoot running adventures!

Tristan-OH likes this.