You know what they say---right?

Barefoot Dama

Barefooters
Jun 8, 2010
Iowa
Live by example, well I think I have my very first BF convert without even talking about running or anything else.

Here is the story.

Last week I was running(trying) on the indoor track when this women started to walk BF and soon started to run BF.

It caught me by surprise because I have never seen her running, she attends aerobic classes everyday but never runs.

I was quite happy to see another BF but I have to admit I was a little concerned about her not being a runner and here she is going round and round the track so I had to step in, not my business I know but I was afraid she was going to get hurt.

So this is how our conversation went after I approached her,

Me: hi, is this your first time running BF?

She: yes, and I like it it feels very good.

Me: I know, running BF is delightful, isn't?

She: yes it is!

Me: so, have you ran before in shoes? (she's being at it for 15 mins at this point)

She: I never run before this is my very first time and I love it! I have being watching you for quite sometime now and you have inspired me to start running and I decided to run BF like you.

Me: thank you, what I am going to tell you is probably none of my business but the only reason is that I don't want you to get hurt.

If this is your very first time running and you're running BF I think you should stop now and wait a day or two and if nothing hurts then you can go again(I warned her about sore calves). But I really think you should stop. (She agreed to stop hesitantly).

She: ok I'll stop now, but it feels so good.

Anyways, I saw her yesterday in the locker room and asked her about how everything was going and she told me that she hadn't run since because her calves were so sore but were feeling much better.

And guess what, she was running BF again today!!! I didn't say anything to her today just smile at her.

Score!!!

I need to find a barefoot

I need to find a barefoot friendly indoor track.

Maybe there's one in my area that is 1/2 mile oval, 1 lane each of brushed concrete, asphalt, pea gravel, 21AA gravel, dirt, and smooth rock.

And $5.00 a visit, including the cover charge to the brewpub on premises w/ live band.

Dama, your story of being an

Dama, your story of being an inspiration is very inspirational! Im now inspired to aspire to inspire someone else to start running BF! Thanks for unintentionaly giving me the intentions to inspire! Your the greatest!

Ahhhhhh!  I got a warm &

Ahhhhhh! I got a warm & fuzzy when I read that. Way to go Mrs. Dama!

Chaserwilliams wrote:Dama,

Chaserwilliams said:
Dama, your story of being an inspiration is very inspirational! Im now inspired to aspire to inspire someone else to start running BF! Thanks for unintentionaly giving me the intentions to inspire! Your the greatest!

Ahhh Chaser, my head hurts!

Thanks everyone, it does feel good to feel like a leader without even trying to be one.

triing wrote:Inspirational,

triing said:
Inspirational, even on the second read. Good to see you here.

Welcome newbie!

I've being here for a long time off and on that is.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts