Yoohoo from Devon...

Lorri

Banned
Dec 4, 2016
UK
growingyoung.co.uk
Hi

It's great to find this website. :D

I've been living barefoot for over 12 years but didn't start doing any running until May 2014. I started running on the beach and my best run has been 11.5 miles. Then i switched to running on the tarmac promenade and so far i'm up to 13.17 miles.

But winter has always got in the way, but this year i bought myself a treadmill so i can run all year around and not worry about the cold nasty weather. Really loving the treadmill. As much as i used to think i had really good form, the treadmill has taught me otherwise and i've had to wind my running right back and start all over again. Now my feet striking the treadmill make less noise than the treadmill, and it isn't a noisy treadmill. So busy building back up but keeping my foot falls on the treadmill as silent as possible.

My main goal at the moment is a 70.3 triathlon, which i'm hoping to achieve sometime in 2017 summer. I do wear shoes on my road bike as they clip into the peddles, i have flat block peddles on my town bike so i can ride that barefoot.

And my other concession to not being barefoot is inline skating. Other than that it's barefoot all the way.

Big hugs

Lorri xx

Great you found us, and glad you're here! Welcome! :barefoot:

+1 to tedlet... Impressive goal! I'd love to go for triathlon too but I just can't swim as of yet, and well I dislike swimming around here most of the lakes are pretty yucky. If you ever want to talk cycling (regardless of footwear choice) drop by the thread I made in the 'pub' section... https://www.thebarefootrunners.org/threads/cycling-thread.19564/ I do pretty much all my cycling barefoot too, I never really got into the shoe retention systems that are so popular now. But unlike running, cycling footwear doesn't mess with ones gait and biomechanics, so not as big of a deal. I'm still debating on a duathlon if I can find one that I like.

I couldn't swim until 2 1/2 years ago when i was 49. I had a bad hole in heart as a child so never learned to swim. Then 2 years ago i got the idea that i wanted to start freediving so taught myself to swim, then once i could swim i was then looking for something to do when the sea was too rough to swim in. So bought a road bike and then decided i'd do triathlons instead and never got around to the freediving afterall.

To learn to swim i just bought a wetsuit so i wouldn't sink and watched some youtube videos and threw myself in the sea. A bit crazy but it did the trick. I do find swimming boring so don't do much of it, plus i hate all the jellyfish we have here, so only swim when i need to.

I need to be clipped on to my road bike as my feet would come off the peddles all too easy when i hit bumps at speed. I barefoot my town bike as i ride that slow but going up to 45 mph on a road bike barefoot is not my idea of fun. Although i suppose throwing myself in the sea in a wetsuit when i couldn't swim wasn't much more sensible. LOL :)

I'll check out that thread later, thanks for the heads up.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts