Xero Shoes HFS Review

Shortly after buying a pair of Xero Shoes Mesa trail, I applied for the BRS giveaway contest of july 2020. I loved my Mesa Trails for running on rugged terrain and while very comfortable to run on roads I was thinking that the HFS model would be more adequate. So I applied to the contest, thinking that it would be very cool to win a pair of HFS. And I won !!! Before receiving my pair of HFS I was running so much with my Mesa Trail that my foot soles ended being too tired and the sole of my right foot got hurt by a sharp stone. Because of the pain on my right foot sole my gait was modified and I ended-up with a knee tendonitis. So I am testing my HFS while having right foot sole pain and right knee tendonitis.

The HFS, like already said on other reviews, are very comfy and the sole is very soft and protective. While not being a trail shoe, the HFS protect better against sharp stones than the Mesa Trail . And this conclusion is based on what « says » my hurting right foot sole. The mesh of the upper is very breathable so running during warm weather is not a problem (no sweat). I feel a fresh breeze through the upper at each step. The laces are very well designed and when you tie them you feel confident that they will not untie. I do not feel the sole while I run and traction is very good. The HFS offers a very good cushioning as well as very good foot support. They are lightweight and have a great look. So far I have not to report any bad things about this outstanding shoe except that the barefoot runner will find the sole is too thick/protective avoiding to feel the small irregularities of the ground and others will find that the sole is not protective enough to protect against sharp stones.

Finally, I highly recommend the Xero Shoes HFS.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Great review!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ