Xero Shoes Genesis Review

Recently Xero Shoes has introduced a new model of huarache sandals: Genesis.
I was very intrigued by this review:

which I found in YouTube, saying so many good things about this new Xero Shoes huarache model.
So far, I cumulated 33km running with the Genesis huaraches and I can say that I totally second what Randy says in his YouTube video.
The sole is 5mm thick, very grippy and very flexible and when it is raining the foot is not sliding on top of the sole while the bottom of the sole grip on the asphalt is very good. Ground feedback is excellent (of course it will never match the barefoot running feedback ;) ), one of the best I have experienced with Huaraches &VFF I own and ran with. Sounds like Xero Shoes used a special and new recipe for the sole rubber which is different to the one used on Amuri Cloud or Amuri z-treck. One thing I have to mention is that during the first run, the clapping noise was awful, but after trimming the sole to the size of my feet and tightening-up more the lacing, the clapping disappeared during the second outing. This is normal, as the experience shows that always with a new pair of huaraches, you need to get used to it and do some necessary adjustments. Thanks to the elasticity of the tubular laces which are also different compared to any huarache I know (whatever the brand), adjusting the tightening is very easy. What is very cool is that the knot of the laces on the top of the foot stays were you place it, whether close to the ankle or close to the toes.The lace fabric of the toe post is also very gentle, unlike what I found on the Amuri cloud. The lacing on top of the heel keeps in place without having to add extra laces like I did on the Amuri Cloud.
So now, the Genesis huaraches are my default running sandals and I am not thinking about buying another pair of running sandals for running on asphalt or easy trails.
These sandals might be too thin for the soles of minimalist beginners because they will complain about small gravel causing pain to their soles or about tired sole after having run some kilometers unless they accept to get some pain to helping them to get the right feedback from the ground and adjust correctly their running form. I think that the experienced barefoot runners will like very much these huaraches for using them during a run when the terrain gets difficult for the barefoot, because they'll continue to get feedback from the ground.
If you hesitated before, don't hesitate no more and get yourself one pair of Genesis sandals ;)
Cheers
José

Outstanding! I've "mirrored" your thread to the Gear & Footwear forum, so conversation will be identical in both places.

For my starter minimalist sandal, I grabbed the Genesis too. Not going to lie, I love them and haven't really found a disqualifying fault with them.

I agree that the knot on the top stays put quite nicely and allows me to balance my huaraches on my foot.

At first, I disliked the tubular lacing, and thought I would prefer it flat, but it has grown on me. So has the stretch, now that I got the tension right.

The second thing that grew on me was the heel adjustments. I still need to trim the excess lace off, but at first it all felt kinda bulky. It no longer does. Granted, that may also have to do with the size of my foot. I'm a women's size 7, so the same hardware on my little hooves looks more bulky than, say, if it were on my husband's size 13s.

Finally, they are easy to tuck in my waistband or strap to my running belt. Or, as I did this morning, carry them in one hand with my phone in the other.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
For my starter minimalist sandal, I grabbed the Genesis too. Not going to lie, I love them and haven't really found a disqualifying fault with them.

I agree that the knot on the top stays put quite nicely and allows me to balance my huaraches on my foot.

At first, I disliked the tubular lacing, and thought I would prefer it flat, but it has grown on me. So has the stretch, now that I got the tension right.

The second thing that grew on me was the heel adjustments. I still need to trim the excess lace off, but at first it all felt kinda bulky. It no longer does. Granted, that may also have to do with the size of my foot. I'm a women's size 7, so the same hardware on my little hooves looks more bulky than, say, if it were on my husband's size 13s.

Finally, they are easy to tuck in my waistband or strap to my running belt. Or, as I did this morning, carry them in one hand with my phone in the other.
If you would like to, please feel free to create your own review thread.

i just bought a pair of them, and they arrived last week. I haven't ran in them yet but i did try them on. they feel very barefooty (this a word? lol) and grippy. i like how the laces are arranged with a piece in the back to adjust the tightness on them. for comparison i have a old pair of NB minimalist shoes, which are fine but i wanted my feet to be exposed to the elements and to be able to spreads out. i found my NB shoes to be a bit constricting.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ