Xero DIY Sandals

Dan Cook

Barefooters
Feb 18, 2017
I have recently bought the Xero DIY sandal kit.

Does anyone else wear these for walking or running?

I don't intend to ever run in these (other than if I have to run for the bus) just walk in them.

I find them a bit loose when tied on, with my foot easily slipping backwards and forwards or off altogether.

Has anyone on here had any experience of these and can offer me any advice?

I have recently bought the Xero DIY sandal kit.

Does anyone else wear these for walking or running?

I don't intend to ever run in these (other than if I have to run for the bus) just walk in them.

I find them a bit loose when tied on, with my foot easily slipping backwards and forwards or off altogether.

Has anyone on here had any experience of these and can offer me any advice?
Have you thought about one of their non-DIY options?

There's an over-the-top cris-cross method you can try with the DIYs.

I've made lots of huaraches on my own, but not that kit specifically. I like them a bit loose for both running and walking but don't slide around unless I'm on a slope. I'm thinking that it might be a walking form issue ... are you pushing off particularly hard and/or reaching forward a lot with your lead foot? If so, try a gentle forward lean and a soft heel landing.

There's certainly an art to lacing them up. I also find I have to tie them a lot tighter than other footwear to minimize flop. At first I was concerned about how tight I seemed to have to tie them thinking that would make them cause blisters like crazy but that hasn't been the case.

There's also a whole lot more flop with the 4mm vs the 6mm and with that and other reasons I've preferred the 6mm.

I have several pair of the DIY Xeros - I don't run in them but have done a lot of hiking in them on some pretty rough terrain. I tied them with the "slip-on" style, and it took a few tries to get it just right, but once I got them tied right they stay in place quite well.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts