World record attempt

Discussion in 'Ultra Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by Teage, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Teage

Teage Chapter Presidents

I've got a question about a potential attempt at the 100km barefoot world record. In looking into the issue for record attempts, IAAF and USATF have a pretty involved and complicated set of conditions that must be met for the attempt to be valid for records purposes. They don't recognize barefoot records, so meeting their standards might not matter. I was told to reach out to this group, of which I'm already a proud member, to see what conditions must be satisfied for the attempt to be recognized as a barefoot world record. Feel free to respond here or contact me off list (badger.meli@gmail.com) if anyone knows any details.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Have you looked into Guinness World Records? They have validated several barefoot distances already. We've reported a few here.

Davy Dove likes this.
  3. Teage

Teage Chapter Presidents

Thanks, TJ. I've been in touch with USATF and a timing company. The timing company said that the records for barefoot times were kept by TBRS, so thought I'd start here, but great suggestion about reaching out to Guinness.

Davy Dove likes this.
  4. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

What/who is the timing company?

Davy Dove likes this.
  5. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Davy Dove likes this.
  6. Teage

Teage Chapter Presidents

TrackLife Timing (www.TrackLifeTiming.com) is doing the timing. I'll check with Guinness and see what they have to say about what requirements they might have.

And cool what Top Of Barefoot is attempting to do. Thanks for sharing that link.

Barefoot TJ likes this.