Workshoes

+1 to Sid's recommendation. I have a pair of the Dash in smooth black and another pair in smooth chocolate. They pass fine for office shoes for me. However they do have reflective stripes (you can have them removed but I think you have to buy them customized to do that and it adds to the price). I find walking around my pant legs cover the reflective stripes and when I am seated no one is going to see them anyhow. They are very thin and pliable leather so you might see your toes through them, a few people have asked me about that. Vivo makes a few pair of dress shoes, I also have the Ra, and they are nice as well. But I prefer the SoftStars and they are more flat and less formed than the Ra, but a bit thicker on the sole.

Oh I see, they must have removed them in the last year (I bought my last pair about a year ago). Wish mine didn't have them but its really no big deal (I'd have removed them myself if I really felt like it).

Softstar's changed last year to little narrower last, they are not very wide anymore. But you can stretch the leather quite a bit. If you choose the "Design-Your-Own" you can choose if you want reflective stripes or not. And also you can choose if you want them without innersole, so they can be as thin as vivobarefoots ( https://www.softstarshoes.com/custom_work ).. Extra wide is available with original runamoc, but doesn't mean wider sole, just looser upper.

DSCN1374.JPG

When you mean innersole, are you referring to the light-colored suede that is stitched inside?

From what I can tell, mine does not have the 2-3mm of black eva.
From what I can tell, mine has the light-colored suede stitched to black leather glued to a 2mm vibram sole.
Total stack height is about 3-4mm.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts