Woodstock Greenprints 5k

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by gregscott18, Apr 22, 2015.

1. gregscott18

gregscott18 Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hi All,
    We are hosting our 2nd annual 5k here in Woodstock on Saturday May 2nd. I would love to have some barefoot runners represent at the race. It is a smooth concrete path, very barefoot friendly and a fast course. You can sign up here: http://www.naturalstrides.org/2nd-annual-greenprints-5k.html and use promo code NATURALSTRIDES at checkout for 10% off. I will acknowledge the barefoot runners that participate and will have an award for the fastest barefoot runner out there. Hope to see you!
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Owner, Natural Strides.

mokaman and paulbeales like this.
  2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

International Barefoot Running Day is on Sunday, May 3, and we will be meeting a Stone Mountain. See the calendar event thread for details. Come out to join us, Greg!

paulbeales likes this.
  3. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I was the only barefoot runner last year and would like to see more fellow bare footers out there this year. I plan to be first unless there's anyone out there who thinks they are faster :) ( a friendly challenge).

mokaman likes this.
  4. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

I'd like to make it to the race but not sure if I can get away and will keep in mind.

5. mokaman

1. Georgia

I'll be there for the race... not sure if I'll be able to challenge Tiki but it will be fun.

6. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Excellent! I look forward to seeing you there. By the way, I'm not really that fast...just trying to stir up some interest.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  7. mokaman

1. Georgia

It would be cool if some other barefooters showed up too...I know there are other barefooters in your area since I ran with a barefooter from Woodstock a few years ago at an obstacle course race near where I live. See you there tomorrow.

8. mokaman

1. Georgia

Great meeting you Tikiman, hopefully i can run with you in the TRAILGoat races somtime soon and good to see barefoot Micsa again...talk to you again Micsa at the BRS run tomorrow.

Nice race you put on Greg and Erin...it was a very good race and its seems to me you have some influence in the local runners as there were many on the lesser side of the over-built shoe's in general...bigs thumbs-ups from me.

And there were barefooters and min-shod runners un-known to us here at BRS in this race... as I suspect there are barefooters everywhere that are not into the internet in general.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  9. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Moka, Likewise, it was great meeting you. I look forward to seeing you at the Mountain Goat Adventures trail races in the future...as I suspected you blew me away in the Greenprints 5k. But we had 4 BRs there and as you say many on the lesser side of shoes. Greg and Erin are having some impact in the local community here in the Woodstock area.

10. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

We had a fun time and the weather was perfect. I hope Greg doesn't mind me sharing his pic of the BRs that participated.

GreenPrints5k_Barefooters Pic.jpg

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  11. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

I'm sorry that I couldn't make the 5k last Saturday. I was out of town. I will plan for next year.

Gerry

12. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

It would be nice if this event could coincide with IBRD. Just a suggestion.

13. mokaman

1. Georgia

Maybe we should have a IBRD weekend.

14. mokaman

1. Georgia

Hey Tiki, I'll be there for the half marathon in June...your video looks good..how does that trail look for being barefoot friendly for the half?

15. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Yeah, it would be except that the Greenprints 5k is a kick off event for the Woodstock Greenprints Alliance Trailfest which features music all day, adjacent to the farmers market. It's a community affair that attracts the locals to downtown Woodstock area. Greg's store "Natural Strides" is in the middle of it all and it's a great way for him to promote his business as well as encourage natural running.

16. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I would think that would be a possibility.

17. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Awesome! I'm signed up for the short course series so I'll be running the 10k. I'd say for a barefoot trail veteran as yourself it would be somewhat friendly. It has plenty rocks and roots mixed with some smooth dirt, a little gravel, some wooden bridges and such. I tried running barefoot as shown in the video and had to keep putting my Lunas back on since I'm not very far along with running trails shoeless. I'd say I was barefoot for about 5-10% of the time. The video is a pretty good representation of what you will encounter in June.

18. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Gregg you should send a flyer out to your customer list...if I had been aware of the event I woulda been there...I'm not too far. I took your running class btw at the onset of my barefooting and it helped massively!

19. mokaman

1. Georgia

Congrats Tikiman on winning your age group in the trail 10k race and in the 4 race series!! That was a tough course with the super high humidity.

I'd say about 2/3 thirds of the half marathon course was barefoot friendly but the last third would be a bit challenging unless you went really slow.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  20. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Thanks Mokaman! Sorry it took so long to respond, I guess I've been off line for a while. Yeah, it was very humid that day. My nemesis that I was racing hung on my back like I had a handle attached. He stayed there until about 2/3 of the way and then finally dropped off. It was fun and challenging.

mokaman and Barefoot TJ like this.