Not a Bug Why did my preferences change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
The other day I made sure that my preferences were NOT to receive e-mail notifications of posts made in watched threads. I don't like to get tons of e-mails on forums I check regularly. But today I noticed that the option was checked after I just got an e-mail notification about a post in a watched thread. What changed?

Not sure if this is really a bug or not...

And likewise, if I have a watched thread set to send e-mail notifications, is there a way to remove the notifications without unwatching and re-watching the thread?

I am having this same issue. Talk about overload of emails. I've changed my settings in like three places (not sure what does what exactly) because I can't get the emails to stop.

I changed my Alert Prefs the other day to not alert me when there are new posts in watched threads. I just don't like having that red number up there that won't go away until I actually click on it. :p That setting seems to have "stuck".

But the other day I also turned off e-mail notification of posts in watched threads. Then today when I posted, soon after I got an e-mail about another post, and when I checked those preferences, it was turned back on. I'm referring to Settings > Preferences > Options where I have checked to watch threads I post in, but NOT to receive e-mail notifications. That was the one that turned itself back on this morning.

I am also getting a ton of email from every thread I post to or create, and I have triple-checked that my Preferences and Advanced Preferences are set properly.

I have mine all cleared. I sent you a screen shot. Do you see anything wrong with my settings?

I haven't received any additional email since changing that one setting this morning.

What one setting? Maybe I'm missing something, 'cuz I'm still having problems.

So am I, wow! I've probably easily had well over 40-50 emails today alone. I need to stop being such a chatty Kathy on here and being involved in so many threads. My watched threads has come up empty every time I've clicked it. Not sure what else I can do.

Matt told me he is going to reverse this, so that if you want to have email notifications on a thread, you will have to click on that option on that thread.

Well, IMHO there should still be the overall e-mail notification option for those who actually want it.

I changed the setting mentioned in the 5th post above, Settings > Preferences > Options and no longer got any e-mails.

Your watch threads will come up empty as it defaults to unread first. Then click on the link show all watched threads and you can delete them if you want. I have also ran query for no emails on watch threads but they will show up in your alerts as usual.

My setting under Preferences reverted back to the default (checked), maybe after Matt changed things back? I don't know. But I unchecked it now, so we'll see if that works this time. Yes there should be an option where folks can say email me for this and email me for that. But, like at the old site, when we had everyone set to receive emails for everything they ever posted to, we lost quite a few members because they said they felt we were spamming them, which we were not. They could have gone in and changed their settings, and when I told a couple of them that, they said they should have to. Yes, I agree, that should be a setting for the individual to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS