Why aren't you wearing shoes?

I really like some of the answers to the above question from the Society for Barefoot Living:

http://www.barefooters.org/faq/17.html

I think my favorite from now on is gonna be

"Why aren't you wearing shoes?"
---
--
-
"I'm allergic to them."

:)

Why aren't you wearing shoes?

My feet don't like them.

Q...Dude, where's your shoes?
A....Dude, where's your jockstrap? Oh, no support needed for running? Exactly.

"hey you forgot/lost your shoes"

i've said,

"they're in the trash where they belong"
"did you see them?"

at school i told this one kid he was high, he and his friend busted up with a very noticeable stoner's laugh. i guess i nailed that one.

How about, "What are you talking about? I'm wearing shoes!" That should confuse them enough to leave you alone, if you're not in the mood for a teachable moment.

(Caveat: I don't actually run, and I do actually wear shoes. So actually I should hush up. But we all know that won't happen ...)

When a serious type person asks, I use a very straight face and say "Oh, I'm not a shoe user".
They get even more confused wondering what they must have missed somewhere.

When a serious type person asks, I use a very straight face and say "Oh, I'm not a shoe user".
They get even more confused wondering what they must have missed somewhere.

Good one ! :D

Reactions: Bare Lee
in line for a shuttle at a race a lady asked me "how can you run in those things". i was wearing luna sandals. i looked at her and told her i was wondering the same thing about her and everyone else. everyone laughed. they all had boat anchors on.

Reactions: happysongbird
What do you say when someone asks if you are okay and looks genuinely concerned? This happened to me once, so I just smiled and said, "Yep, couldn't be better. Lovely weather we're having today, isn't it?" She looked a bit taken aback. :p

Reactions: happysongbird
First off: my first run in 6 months: 3.10mi @ 9:49/mi WOOHOO! 10K in May, here I come!

I ran by a group of highschool kids and one of the "young punks" (get off my lawn) ran along side me for a minute:
Young Punk: Mr.. hey! Where's your shoes? Did you know you don't have shoes on? Don't your feet hurt?
Me: No, they don't hurt. I'm a man.
Young Punk: ....

DISCLAIMER: I am not a misogynist, "I'm a women" would work as well. :) Maybe better. :)