Who's running ATY this year?

Yeah that it is, and it's not really a good deal even though there is an all you can eat buffet of m&ms :)

On another note it is a very cheap 24hr hour run. I think after today the price goes up but it's only $135 right now.

Going to miss it, but I will be in Phoenix from Jan 24 to Feb 3 and will be running the Desert Marathon out of Surprise on the 2nd. Also going to slip in some mountain running while I am there, and of course the Grand Canyon. Got to fit as much in as I can in the 10 days that I am there.

Reactions: OdiarAmor
Going to miss it, but I will be in Phoenix from Jan 24 to Feb 3 and will be running the Desert Marathon out of Surprise on the 2nd. Also going to slip in some mountain running while I am there, and of course the Grand Canyon. Got to fit as much in as I can in the 10 days that I am there.

Cool, if you are staying up by Surprise the white tanks have some great trails to run.

Or you can sign up for this one and run it with me. Oh wait that is the same day.
http://www.aravaiparunning.com/san-tan-scramble/

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Thanks Abide,
Damn that San-Tan Scramble looks interesting. I haven't signed up for the marathon yet, hmmm decisions, decisions.

do i have to volunteer or can i just go hag out with some of you guys? my mom just told me she's going to Phoenix to see my brother so i'll go there also, probably for new year's. i'd love to go for a run there but i can tell you now i don't have that kind of money for a race. so party or volunteer????

do i have to volunteer or can i just go hag out with some of you guys? my mom just told me she's going to Phoenix to see my brother so i'll go there also, probably for new year's. i'd love to go for a run there but i can tell you now i don't have that kind of money for a race. so party or volunteer????

No you don't have to volunteer to hang out. You can run with a runner in the race but you are limited to doing a lap or two, they have bibs you can check out. It is set up as a loop and on one side of the loop they have a big grassy area where everyone sets up their tents, tables and hangout areas. Some people just show up to watch and drink copious amounts of beers. I think they are mostly the injured runners that can't run.

From what I have gathered through my wife the Robillard's are not going to be there, but Bf in AZ, Shacky, Vanessa and Sweeney will be there I think. I am running the Dec 29th 24 hour and my wife is running on the 31st and it should be a ton of fun.

Either volunteer or just come to hang out both will be an experience.

if i'm there for new years i will try to make it out. i won't be in a loin cloth so i hope you can recognize me.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test