Who's gonna' run more than they did in 2011?

If I stopped today, I would not make the 1466.23 miles I ran in 2011 by 78.24 miles. Not bad considering I had eight months where I averaged 137.32 miles, three months averaging 71.78 miles and December ain't done yet.

I have 14 days to run more than I did in 2011, but I don't run more than 4 days in a row. So many miles...not so many days (left).

:confused: Something just occurred to me - my avatar might be the answer to my mileage problem.

Reactions: NickW
Maybe it's because you take shorter steps than the rest of us. Just sayin'. ;)

And don't forget, everyone, be sure to post your end-of-the-year mileage in the 2012 Mileage Club thread if you want to get a shiny certificate. We count barefoot AND minimalist mileage!

It has been a great year for me, I surpassed 1000 miles barefoot by a decent margin and should top 1,800 miles by the end of the month. Both significantly higher than my 2011 totals. Looking forward to 2013 to see what I can get too. The goal of 2013 total miles looks total achievable.

Reactions: Sid and OdiarAmor
I should just get 5000km in, but by my calculations I might end up being 20km short of last year. May have to do double days next week to surpass last years mileage.

Last year I ran 1755 km, so far this year I have ran 3234 km.. I just got a little sore sole lately which feels so wrong kind of soreness, that I'm probably not going to run much more this year, I'll swim now for a while. I have had good controlled progression at my yearly running distances. When I started running at 2010, my first year's goal was to run 500 km (I did 770 km), 2011 goal was 1000 km and 2012 it was 2500-3000 km. So, for 2013 it will be 4000 kilometers. And probably 100 km of swimming.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Last year 303 barefoot barefoot miles.
This year over 1000 miles.

s-exercise.png

I'm confused. What does barefoot barefoot mean? ;)

I'm confused. What does barefoot barefoot mean? ;)
I stole that term from an earlier poster, I'm sorry I don't know who it was. It seems so many "barefoot runners" are actually wearing barefoot shoes I'm just trying to be more specific. Some people say "skin to ground".
Tonight at our book club meeting someone mentioned seeing me running barefoot and another person asked "Oh do you wear those funny shoes with the toes?"

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
I know. I was just asking a rhetorical question as a joke. :)

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test