throat/neck down...no. Slight chest cough, yes

stomach stuff, nope

fever, nope

vicks vapor rub, humidifier,

vicks vapor rub, humidifier, water...lots of it and garlic

Chicken soup. Lots of it.

Chicken soup. Lots of it.

Eat some horseradish.

Eat some horseradish. That'll clear your head in no time. Seriously, is ue Vick Vapor rub and put it on my chest and a wee bit just above my top lip. Claritin non-drowsey is good too.

garlic and horseradish???  I

garlic and horseradish??? I might have to give it a try. I don't get colds like this very often, but when I do, it isn't pretty. Plus my husband is out of town, so I'm not getting properly babied. Woe is me!

fetish4running wrote:garlic

fetish4running said:
garlic and horseradish??? I might have to give it a try. I don't get colds like this very often, but when I do, it isn't pretty. Plus my husband is out of town, so I'm not getting properly babied. Woe is me!

Your husband my appreciate being out of town if you're chomping on garlic and horseradish!

For some reason I rarely get sick but when I do I have no real desire to run. If it's just a nuisance cold I run but anything else I skip it. Especially flu/stomach stuff.

Garlic and horseradish

Garlic and horseradish rock!....especially in a super-spicy bloody mary: that's my favorite sinus buster.

Woke up today being attacked by germs in my head, throat and chest. Won't run because of the cough, but I will at least bundle up for a walk to get fresh air and some exercise.

A general rule of thumb:If

A general rule of thumb:

If the illness just affects things above the shoulders, moderate sports activities are okay. If it affects things below the shoulders, take a break until you're feeling better. Things that go to the lungs or the stomach etc. can also go to the heart. This can become serious, deathly serious, literally.

Nevertheless, even when I get a head cold, I usually lay low for a couple of days. I figure my body is telling me that it needs some rest. And frankly, I don't much enjoy running with a stuffy nose. But a nice long walk in the cool air does wonders.

Get well soon!

Paleo

P.S. I heard of a friend of a friend's husband who continued to cycle and run heavily despite a bad bronchial infection. (He was training for a triathlon, and was wedded to his training plan). He landed in the hospital with a seriously enlarged heart, and survived only because of some medical heroics. It was a good 2 months before the doctors allowed him to do anything beyond short walks. I could think of some ironic remarks, but given how close to death the guy came, they wouldn't be appropriate.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test