Who loves the darkness??

fetish4running

Barefooters
Jun 5, 2010
I know I'm a bit odd, but I can't be the only one who loves the short, dark, winter days am I? I'm so excited for the time change tomorrow! It'll soon be getting dark at 5:30! And I love how the sun rarely shines in the winter!! Sunny days drive me absolutely nuts; it's so annoying to squint all the time. I love the clouds and dreariness of winter!

Who's with me??!

Not I!All I thought about

Not I!

All I thought about today was : Six weeks til winter break and the drive to FL. Six weeks, you can make it.

I actually had a great run

I actually had a great run tonight, largely in the dark, including some trails by flashlight. And I do really enjoy it, and have had some fantastic runs in the snowy dark winter nights, but all things being equal? I'd rather be out on a sunny 60F morning with my shirt off...

Fetish: It's a nice change of

Fetish: It's a nice change of pace in a way but since daylight savings time is in effect here already and I live so far north we have sunset at 2:45 and frankly, that's a bit much considering it's going to get even darker for the next two months. I enjoyed the darkness more when I lived further south and had less of it. Now, I'll take all the sunlight I can get.

Blind Boy wrote:Fetish: It's

Blind Boy said:
Fetish: It's a nice change of pace in a way but since daylight savings time is in effect here already and I live so far north we have sunset at 2:45 and frankly, that's a bit much considering it's going to get even darker for the next two months. I enjoyed the darkness more when I lived further south and had less of it. Now, I'll take all the sunlight I can get.

wow. sunset at 2:45?? When does the sun rise? I would love to just have the chance to experience that; I get giddy just thinking about it!

I loved the dark winter days

I loved the dark winter days until I started BFR... Now all I can think about is spring and warm asphalt. :bigsmile:

I must be honest, I can't

I must be honest, I can't wait to run barefoot in the snow for the first time. :p Especially since snow on the ground makes in light enough to see at night.

The sun rises just before 8

The sun rises just before 8 am right now. At the winter solstice we'll have 3 hours and 10 minues of daylight, up at 10 and down at 1. Then again, maybe I shouldn't complain since I chose to move to a town 70 miles south of the arctic circle. I could've stayed where I was. ;)

Luleå, Sweden. About as far

Luleå, Sweden. About as far north as you can get on the Swedish east coast.

I happen to love it all,

I happen to love it all, light, dark, hot, cold. Before I became a barefoot runner, I was really picky about how I "felt" while I was running. Now I enjoy all of the sensations that come from what I used to perceive as uncomfortable.

I can't wait to feel spring

I can't wait to feel spring and summer barefoot. I am slightly worried about how hot the asphalt gets here in the summer though... Does the heat give any of you guys problems?

I always try to run late

I always try to run late after noon or early morning in the summer, so as not to burn my feet on the asphlt, but like anything, you can build up a tolerance to the heat from the asphalt even at the hottest part of the day. Although I like the variances of temperature, I am not that extreme.

fetish4running wrote: And I

fetish4running said:
And I love how the sun rarely shines in the winter!! Sunny days drive me absolutely nuts; it's so annoying to squint all the time. I love the clouds and dreariness of winter!

:-( between this thread and the conversation about what really constitutes cold I think I'm getting homesick. I don't miss the super short days though. And there is no way I'd want days like Blind Boys. Dark at 2:45 is just crazy.