Who is going? Want to form a TEAM? Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run - Atlanta/Conyers - October 16

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Who is going? Want to form a TEAM? Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run - Atlanta/Conyers - October 16

Ready to get Down & Dirty in Atlanta on October 16th?

Attention all recruits! Have Fun - Get Dirty!! TheMerrell Down & Dirty National Mud Run Series presented by Subaru in Atlanta features 5K and 10K off-road courses filled with:

[*]Military-style Obstacles [*]Commanding cargo climbs [*]Wild water crossings [*]Mud, mud, and More Mud! Post-race Food, Music and an awesome Tech Tee[/list]

Race alongside local Military personnel, Public Safety Officers and Police Academy trainees.

Don't miss Atlanta's first Merrell Down & Dirty National Mud Run Series presented by Subaru on October 16th! Register today!

2. tikiman

tikiman Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Sounds like fun. Which one are you planning to do? 5k or 10k?

3. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I'm not sure. Mokie (Mokaman) and I are trying to get together, so we can go over the course first. Then we will be better able to determine which one to do. He did say there is a long, long stretch of gravel, so I might bring my huaraches and throw them on for just that stretch then take them off again. Would you or anyone like to join us for a trial run? -TJ

4. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I just remebered...DOH! I have my club's 5K/15K the day before this, so I probably will only do the 5K (for both events). The Peachtree City Classic 5K/15K is the second largest event in our area, second to the Peachtree Road Race 10K, from what I understand, so I'd hate to miss it. -TJ

5. Vibramfreak

Vibramfreak Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I will be there, I already registered and am doing the 5K. I want to do it barefoot but am a little hesitant about it. Im all about a "TEAM" though.

6. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

Can I get a current head count? Who is planning on running the Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run? I can get you a discount if you haven't registered yet. Please let me know by responding to this thread or emailing me at BarefootTJ {at} BarefootRunners {dot} org. Thanks! -TJ

7. MikeMoAtl

MikeMoAtl Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I might be interested. Have you checked out the course yet? I'm totally up for a trial run, but will be out of town a bit between now and then. Just let me know! BTW - what kind of discount can you get?

8. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I'm putting everyone who is interested in the discount in contact with the person from Merrell's Sports Management company as you each express interest. I will forward you her info through email in a minute. Thanks. TJ

9. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

I've been running on the course at least once a week for a few weeks. The course is mixed terrain....light gravel sections some regular gravel here and there throughout the course, lots of grassy sections that are fast and some regular wooded trails that are slow going.

Overall there is a lot flats maybe one or two hills on the 5k and about 1.5 miles of uphill on the 10k. If your not a regular barefoot trail runner it might still be doable barefoot but very slow going thru the gravel/mountain bike trail parts.

It takes me about 10 minutes longer to run the 10k course at an easy effort compared to regular flat pavement.

If anyone wants to run there before the race let me know I might be able to meetup to show you the course.

Terry

10. MikeMoAtl

MikeMoAtl Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hi Terry - when have you been running out there? I'd love to meet you and check it out!

11. mokaman

1. Georgia

I've been going after work since the course is on my way home from work. I think I might get one more run in there the week before the race. I'm off work that week so about anytime after Oct 8th would work for me. Let me know if you meet up that week sometime.

12. MikeMoAtl

MikeMoAtl Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I can come out on Saturday (10/8) morning or early afternoon, Sunday afternoon or evening, or Monday or Tuesday afterwork. Let me know if any of those options work for you. Thanks!

13. mokaman

1. Georgia

I won't be able to meetup till Sunday 10/9 at the soonest, so whichever day is best for you will work out for me...just let me know.

14. mokaman

1. Georgia

I won't be able to meetup till Sunday 10/9 at the soonest, so whichever day is best for you will work out for me...just let me know.

15. Vibramfreak

Vibramfreak Barefooters
    1. Georgia

So do we have a final head count for next Sunday? I am registered for the "later" 5K. Meeting Spot?

Josh

16. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I had about 6 people contact me for discounts, so there should be 6 of you at least:

Vibramfreak

Mokaman

Mokaman - son

MikeMoAtl

Mike Jones (Don't see as a registered member, so might have been a lurker who contacted me)

Mike Jones - son

Do you all want to swap emails, so you can arrange a meetup place? One of you act as coordinator, and I will send you a list of the email addresses.

TJ

17. MikeMoAtl

MikeMoAtl Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Sorry all - I won't be able to make it. Have fun and good luck!

18. Vibramfreak

Vibramfreak Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Ok Everyone, I am running the 9:15 5K because I live a pretty good hop from the horsepark. I am really not familiar with the area or I would act as a coordinator. I plan on getting to the park around 8:00 so we can all hopefully meet. My email is joshua_taylor@live.com and my cell phone number is 706-949-0716. Text message is probably the best way to get in touch with me so I hope to hear from you all. I dont think I am going to do it barefoot, but I do have a pair of trail gloves and plenty of VFF's. I have a 5K I am running this Saturday so my feet will probably be a little sensitive to do the Mud Run barefoot. Talk to you all Later.

Josh Taylor