Who have you met?

I met Chris McDougall last

I met Chris McDougall last year at a race and a couple weeks ago I did Ken Bob's clinic.

There's are a couple of

There's are a couple of minimalists and/or barefooters in the area, and I've read his blog, but haven't met another real barefooter yet. Except for my husband who has started throwing a little bfr time onto the ends of his runs.

(I was busy linking the two guys I know of, and I just noticed that one's latest post is a review of Jason's boo. I feel like I know a famous person!)

One day, you all will get to

One day, you all will get to say, "I met Barefoot Ramzev!!" Only then will your life be complete.

I met BFR Guru Jason R. in

I met BFR Guru Jason R. in Grand Rapids this past May, along with over 130 other barefoot runners.

I hope to meet more Monday at Ken-Bob's clinic in Livonia, Michigan.

Went to a BFR workshop with

Went to a BFR workshop with some guy that wrote a how to barefoot running book who lives somewhere on the west side of Michigan and posts here occasionally. From my limited experience of BFR he seemed to know what he was talking about. ;-).

The only BFers I'll ever meet

The only BFers I'll ever meet are the ones I convert, lol.

I ran past a guy once who was

I ran past a guy once who was running without shoes. I don't think he was a runner though because he had some stuff in his arms and a woman was chasing him yelling cheater.

That is the extent of it.

Can't wait to complete my life and meet Ramzev. Actually there are many here I'd like to meet. That would be cool. We can compare toes and stuff

Well my boys are the most

Well my boys are the most experienced BFR I have ever met. I met KB a few weeks back but he was like an amatuer compared to the little ones :)

Apart from the the farm kids

Apart from the the farm kids that like to feel manure squish between their toes as they run through the fields bare footed and buddies I convince to shed their shoes for the last 1/2 mile of a run, I'm the only BFer I have met in person. Lots of others get interested in the concept, so who knows, there may be a few more show up in the near future.

I'm happy to say I met quite

I'm happy to say I met quite a few BF'ers at the Grand Rapids shindig. I've also met an dhave rune with KenBob and Ted. I've also ran with BRS member Glen before this place was founded.

I think I'm winning so far!

I've met Barefoot Ken Bob AND

I've met Barefoot Ken Bob AND Barefoot Rick, and I've run with both of them.

I've meet/ran with at least

I've meet/ran with at least 30 barefooters spread out over about a dozen different runs during the last 12 months or so. I had only meet 3 barefooters during a 4 year stretch before that. I still haven't seen any random barefoot runners during my regular training runs...only during races or meetup's...

I've met BarefootJon and The

I've met BarefootJon and The Short White Guy from that other forum (are either of them here, yet)? In fact, The Short White Guy and I unexpectedly crossed paths on the trails earlier this week. That's the first time I've ever come across another MR/BFR in an unplanned meeting. Pretty cool!

Last week I attended a barefoot running session at REI given by Michael Sandler and Jessica Lee from Run Bare. Great session. What was amazing was that the room was full of folks, many of whom were BF or in VFFs. When asked how many were already running BF or in minimal shoes, 20 or so hands went up. I didn't really get a chance to meet anyone there that night other than Michael and Jessica, but it's nice to know my local area has a growing MR/BFR community.

And of course, my 9 year old daughter is the best BFRer I know!

Peace,
Karen

I've converted one guy at my

I've converted one guy at my office, and my uncle (an ultra-runner) is planning to try barefooting after he does a series of particular races this summer (Grand Slam of ultra-running?). He says I've convinced him to try it. Actually, I think he has joined BRS, but hasn't gotten involved yet on the boards.

The Run Bare event is coming to Pensacola (about an hour from me) in September, I think. I'm planning to attend.

Sherri

Barefoot Jon has joined,

Barefoot Jon has joined, doesn't post often; I haven't seen TSWG over here. Feel free to invite whomever you want to join the BRS. You each have 20 invitations now; Cameron increased them from 10 to 20 a little while back.