Who does not have a blog?

I've only been on Facebook

I've only been on Facebook for about 6 months or so. I fought it for a long time but it is such an easy way for me to share whats going on with my family here in Oregon with my family over in Montana. It's really the only reason I keep it. Never had a tweeter account or whatever it is. Heck my teacher last year had a requirement that we had to start a blog for his class so I started a photography blog as my first blog. Otherwise I never would have done that. Technology confuses me too much so I don't really like it a whole lot. I do like the Wii though. Thats tons of fun!

I don't maintain my personal

I don't maintain my personal Facebook account either. I check on the BRS's main Facebook page though, but it's not a "Oh, this is my page." It's the BRS's page.

meh. I have a blahg. I update

meh. I have a blahg. I update it when the mood strikes me, sometimes more fequently than others. It started as a journal of my career change journey, but the focus switched to running mostly, as my passion for it reignited. It gives me an outlet and makes some of my friends laugh. I don't track pageviews or how many followers/readers I have with any seriousness.

I do think blogs have value. Particularly for information seekers like me. Much of my early bfr and general running information came from blogs. I much prefer personal accounts to dry, technical studies and the like. I got enough of that in my old job and in undergrad. The more information that's out there, the better informed our decisions can be, and it gives a way for anyone who has questions on their own journey to find like-minded travellers to share ideas with.

I'm fairly active on Facebook

I'm fairly active on Facebook and minorly active on Twitter. I use these to keep up to date on local businesses, friends and to stalk my teenage daughter to make sure I'm the only one stalking her. I think that if you have teenage kids it's imparative to be involved on the net just as they are so you know what they are into.

barefoot ramzev wrote: I

barefoot ramzev said:
I think that if you have teenage kids it's imparative to be involved on the net just as they are so you know what they are into.

This was what tipped the scales for me to getting facebook. My 14 year old daughter who looks much older than she really is, errrggggg. Good thing she has a scary Infantryman father who's been to war to scare away the boys with his guns! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
angry.png

no blog, but i keep

no blog, but i keep threatening myself to start one, not about running, though, but research/science interest related.

it'll never happen.

i have a twitter account that i've been to all of 2x last year.

no time for fb lately, but i check once in a while. good way to see distant family member/distant friend pics, but not much else.

No blog.  I can't imagine

No blog. I can't imagine anyone wanting to "follow" my boring life, except when punctuated with the rare moments of sheer terror or excessive excitement, which tend to keep me focused on them rather than on writing. I enjoy others' on occasion, though. They can be very helpful on key topics of interest.

I have a blog because if I

I have a blog because if I didn't write all of this stuff down, I would have to tell it all to my wife. And she doesn't care. So I need an outlet so that my head doesn't explode.

I always have serious questions about the sanity of those looking to have a "successful" blog, or to do anything with it other than chronocle one's own life. Maintaining a blog that actually gets traffic is fun and all....if you like having a second full-time job with no pay and no benefits, and that most people see as an annoying self-indulgance. Which it is. Why would anyone want that?

Well...I would...but there's something wrong with me.

saypay45 wrote:Why would

saypay45 said:
Why would anyone want that? Well...I would...but there's something wrong with me.
SP - Yes. There is. Glad you're willing to admit it. Ha!

saypay45 wrote:I have a blog

saypay45 said:
I have a blog because if I didn't write all of this stuff down, I would have to tell it all to my wife. And she doesn't care. So I need an outlet so that my head doesn't explode.

I don't blog but my wifes head is going to be the one that explodes. She just cannot stand me talking constantly about running or being barefoot, or the newest min shoe thats coming out. She completely tries to tune me out until she just cannot take it anymore, then she tells me to shut the eff up. That's when I know I've gone too far with her! Lol!
bigsmile.png
:bigsmile:

I am happy to say I do not

I am happy to say I do not have a blag (see http://www.xkcd.com/148/ and http://www.xkcd.com/181/), am not particularly fond of facebook, and hate twitter. Also, I feel as if this comic applys to saypay http://www.xkcd.com/239/

That's SP alright.

That's SP alright.

I can't see this picture

I can't see this picture because of the stupid SOPA protests. Not stupid like "I am for internet censorship". But stupid like "I want to see crap on the web and I can't"

Wikipedia has imposed their

Wikipedia has imposed their planned blackout today too.

I don't get how the cartoon

I don't get how the cartoon is like me. But whatevs...

I suppose I am from the not-so-distant future though. By the way...it's pretty much the same as the present.

It's just like you, SP. 

blagofaire.png

It's just like you, SP. Red cape, blogging, bragging. Just like you. ;-)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test