Which BF style shoe for Winter?

I find their traction slightly better than my Evo's. The only problem is wet snow, but that's only in early fall or late winter. They tend to have very little insulation so smartwool socks are a must for these in winter, I've run in temps of -35C and although my feet don't feel warm and cozy, they are not frozen either.

Reactions: Robin and Bare Lee
Reply to Bare Lee: I guess snow isn't much of a concern for most of the UK in the winter, right? Ha ha, never used to be but seems we're now catching up with the rest of the world, brrrr!
I'm up at 5am to deliver newspapers and it gets mighty cold, and frosty at this time, hence wanting something a bit covered. Because I have to sometimes go through grass which is wet and cold, my toes then get wet and cold and I'm a bit of a wimp! Funnily enough, for my actual runs I'm fine with wearing the sandals, it's just the rest of my day! I'll be checking out the shoes mentioned but I'm most interested in the dive boot options as they look most suitable.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I imported a pair of VFF Lontras for serious winter runnin. Water proof and thermal.
A few issues tho. Really tough to put on! Getting the toes in is a challenge. And has quite a chunky sole compared to my Bikilas. A Trek sport sole I think, but I'm told that's to help with insulation and grip in the snow and ice. Worth a look! Only had two run outs but worked great. Warm feet and no slipping. But like I say ground feel is lacking, something I really value these days.

Thanks Hobbit. I did indeed look at Merrell and thought yikes (the price)!! I'll keep on looking for the moment.
Actually of the several minimalist shoes I have (vivo, merrell, VFF, soft star, unshoes) the merrells were by far the cheapest! I got one pair new on amazon for 50 some bucks, and another from my local marshals for like 50 even and these were from the trail glove family and like 60% less than msrp. But unfortunately I have a hard time running in any shoes, my form changes somehow, and I get pains underfoot in my plantar fascia or something else under there. The cold of winter seemed to amplify this problem greatly.