Where in VA?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by HopesMom, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Plug and Play

Plug and Play Barefooters
    1. Virginia

Daniel,

We've been walking on practically everything barefoot. Our streets out in Goode are 'surface treated' so we get a very rough tiny gravel experience. On Sundays, we usually stop at the Greek Trail to do a smooth hard surface of mix of running / walking. I bought VFFs for work due to all the grief I was receiving. The one thing I've not yet moved to is trails which Iwill definitly do (starting with walking as you suggest). I've enjoyed trail running (shoes) for many years so I really look forward to doing so BF. You mentioned a BF hiking club at LU. Have you ever done backpacking BF?My son and I've have been enjoying 2-3 day hikes on the AT and other areas for a few years and I've wondered if I can ever ditch the boots. Not sure how the extra 30-40 pounds would feel BF.

-Frank

2. Barefoot Prof

Barefoot Prof Barefooters
    1. Virginia

3. bumtickerj

bumtickerj Barefooters
    1. Virginia

Lynchburg here!

Been running in/testing my VFFs for about 2 months. Would love to meetup with others and discuss form/technique or go for a run.

4. Plug and Play

Plug and Play Barefooters
    1. Virginia

Hi bumtickerj...

what is your running schedule? I've not done a significant run in the VFFs yet but am about ready to try. I'm nursing a couple blisters in the balls of my feet (haven't quite gotten the 'not pushing off' down to a science yet), so the VFFs will probably be a nice alternative to the BF for a few days. Where and when do you like to run?

Frank

5. chanin

chanin Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. District of...

I live near Springfield, VA work in D.C.

6. bumtickerj

bumtickerj Barefooters
    1. Virginia

Frank,

I try and run 3 days/week, usually late afternoon/night time, which is starting to get more difficult given the lack of daylight and cold temps. I live in Boonsboro, but am open to running anywhere, anytime. Sorry for the slow reply.

-Jon

7. Barefoot Scott

Barefoot Scott Barefooters
    1. North Carolina
    2. Virginia

John,

I won't be able to make the Freedom 5K in Crozet/Charlottesville Saturday. I have a scheduling conflict Ican't get out of. Have fun and good luck.

I am planning on reprieving my bareoot Charlottesville 10 Miler in late March. Barefoot Andy from Philly and Barefoot Pete may be joining me,wintertraining weather permitting. Feel free to join us?

Scott

8. Barefoot Chuck

Barefoot Chuck Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. International

Spotsylvania here..... In the Lake Anna area. Lake Anna State Parkhas some nice trails to run and hikeon and a nice beach to cool off on.

I'm new to the game but it's coming along.

9. RattleFox

RattleFox Barefooters
    1. Virginia

Guess I'm the first Roanoke/Blacksburg person listed! Hope more join soon.

10. Akhenaten

Akhenaten Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Virginia

Springfield/Alexandria area.... work in DC. I'll be running the Race for the Dream half marathon in Williamsburg in my VFFs in May!!!

11. Akhenaten

Akhenaten Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Virginia

I'm looking forward to meeting other barefoot/minimalist runners so I can finally finish a run without having to stop and explain exactly WHY I'm wearing VFFs or going entirely barefoot!