Where in AZ do you reside?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Abide, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Abide

Abide Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Just to get an idea of where everybody lives in the AZ chapter for future meet ups. Post up your city of residence. Any other info would be great too, such aswhere and when you regularly run. what races you are planning on attending. How many miles you currently run etc..

2. Abide

Abide Barefooters
    1. Colorado

Oh yeah, Ilive in Peoria, and usually run in the mornings in downtown Phoenix. However I occasionally run around Cardinals stadium andsometimes up around Sunrise mountain. My mileage is splotchy, and ranges from 20-40 a week.

Only one race planned and that is the RnR in Jan. I was thinking about posting as a national event since it is pretty accesible.What do you all think?

3. beachlife360

beachlife360 Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live in phoenix near 32nd street and Thunderbird I usually run around my neighborhood. I've hated running all my life so I've just recently started actually doing it, so my miles are really low right now. I'm trying to get my feet and my lungs used to more miles before I try any races.

4. Everettc3

Everettc3 Chapter Presidents
    1. Arizona -...
    2. Arizona -...
    3. International

I live in Flagstaff and I typically run the pipeline/dry lake hills area but I have no problem with running anywhere else near Flag. I log about 30-60 miles a week but dont have many races scheduled until after winter. Always looking for training partners so let me know if your in the area.

5. runfloresrun

runfloresrun Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live in Anthem (north of Phx). I am currently training to do a 24 hour run next month, then the Keys 100 miler in May of 2011.

6. Chimney Duck

Chimney Duck Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live in the desert about 15 miles SW of the city of Maricopa. I usually run in my backyard, or sometimes during weekday mornings, I run theAhwahtukee hills between Pecos and Chandler. (Central? to 24th street area.)

I've been running about 25mpw but I'm trying to up milage for the winter marathon season.

I signed up long ago for Lost Dutchman, and most likely will sign up for the AZ RnR.

I might do the 10 mile Thanksgiving Day Classic in Peoria. . . Not sure yet.

7. Blake

Blake Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live in Baja Arizona (Tucson). I run around my neighborhood. Pretty new to this. My longest BF run so far is 2 miles.

8. tdhurst

tdhurst Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live in downtown Chandler, but having only been here a week, I don't have a typical running route yet. I'm thinking up and down AZ Ave for now.

9. trukntommy

trukntommy Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live near 67th ave and Bethany Home. I run around the neighborhood and along the canal heading west past the Cardinals stadium on Sundays.

10. run_barefoot_az

run_barefoot_az Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...
    2. Arizona -...

I live in Tucson. I typically run the Rillito River Park.

11. Sleeves

Sleeves Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live near 7th Ave and Greenway. I am in the run/wak phase.

12. kicksock

kicksock Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I joined this group just yesterday. I live near Moon Valley Dr and Glen Eagles Dr. I'm just south of "Sleeves" above. I've run the Moon Valley Grasshopper Bridge 5K all 5 times since it essentially runs through the neigborhood.

13. smileyfootjamie

smileyfootjamie Barefooters
    1. Arizona -...

I live in Kingman, AZ - a few hours from phoenix and a few hours from vegas. My house is in the mountains outside of town, so it's pretty secluded where I run. I run on the hilly pain-in-the-butt roads (both dirt and paved) and on the trails. It's so beautiful.When I can I go into a neighborhood in town and run where it's flatter. Most of our roads are chip-sealed but since only half have sidewalks, I can veer off into the dirt if the road is intolerable. :)

I kind of wish I lived in a bigger city with some other BF runners!