Where do you stand on this debate?

Should this sub-2hour marathon record be upheld or thrown out?

• Thrown out: We should only count barefoot running records since there's no techno-doping going on.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
hivwzylm8mjop165dbae94e63e9b.jpg

Why Kipchoge's marathon Shoes will not win you a Golf Championship
The Standard
Eliud Kipchoge: He did 42 kilometres in under two hours. Those criticising the role his shoes played might as well go back to the days we ran barefoot ...

Reactions: Pawmaline
All shoes can be considered "techno-doping." Discuss...

It's not a record, it's a stunt. But Kipchoge(and Nike) will be remembered better than whoever does it for real, in a race. Nike must be happy that it's stealing the thunder from the AlSal/Nike doping scandal story. Nike sucks beyond belief. I'd rather be barefoot than wear their shoes.:)

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I see it as a corporate advertisement stunt, but also as an impressive feat of human ability and potential.

When it comes to shoes, things are what they are, people have to find that out for themselves. When a runner is tired of being injured all the time while following their passion then there is more than enough information available now about how beneficial barefoot-style running is, whether with or without minimalist shoes or sandals. Those who look will find it.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
There's too much work behind these records (IAAF) that it would be almost a disgrace to throw away the engagement and dedication these athletes put into it.

It would be as well to give too much credit to shoes. I bet Bekele under the same circumstances would be under 2 hrs with other brand of shoes. Of all things this stunt has, the shoes is not the one that bothers me the most.

Doping is a more important issue to talk and tackle as it is evidently present but very well disguised.

Otherwise the article seems to be written by an angry sales manager or a spoiled kid not getting away with his feat.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts