When to give up on a spouse

Has he tried any of the Altra shoes? I just bought the Altra Instinct 1.5's, which while not really minimal, are a step in the right direction for him. They are zero drop and are extremely wide, yet have a little bit of cushion for someone that doesn't really want to go all the way barefoot, or to a barefoot ride type shoe. For me, these will be my just kicking around shoes and the occasional run shoe, when my feet are tender or it's cold. Sorry if you've already said this, but there's 7 pages of comments and I am lazy and not wanting to read all 7 pages again.

Has he tried any of the Altra shoes? I just bought the Altra Instinct 1.5's, which while not really minimal, are a step in the right direction for him. They are zero drop and are extremely wide, yet have a little bit of cushion for someone that doesn't really want to go all the way barefoot, or to a barefoot ride type shoe. For me, these will be my just kicking around shoes and the occasional run shoe, when my feet are tender or it's cold. Sorry if you've already said this, but there's 7 pages of comments and I am lazy and not wanting to read all 7 pages again.

Just a recap ... My husband keeps complaining about repeat injuries with any kind of exercise, including running. I thought he was going to move in the minimalist direction when he wanted to buy some minimalist shoes (he got some Altra's). He tried them for a while, but in the end still complained of foot pain and blamed the shoes. Instead of making him hate me for trying to convince him of anything, I've decided to give up and let him figure it out on his own. It's hard to remain quiet when he makes these comments, but I'm doing pretty good with letting these openings for barefoot running comments go by. He doesn't like it when I make any kind of suggestions, so I'm just going to keep running barefoot, pain free and having fun, and maybe he'll catch on someday.

no. they warned us the first day. never offer to buy drinks nor have a competition with a Canadian. same applies for Mexicans and i'm sure most Europeans.

....also, never get involved in a land war in Asia. But you already knew that...

But back to the toenails (rehijacking, 'cos I'm spouseless so this thread really doesn't apply to the likes of me): I'm considering painting mine for an upcoming Turkey Trot (It's on Thanksgiving, in case you weren't able to figure that out for yourself) - so, um...did have someone buy the toenail polish yourself? Or did you march right up to the Revlon aisle at CVS and start picking up bottles?

Next question: What colors would you recommend for Thanksgiving? Orange, Red and Brown? Or should I just go with basic black?

....also, never get involved in a land war in Asia. But you already knew that...

But back to the toenails (rehijacking, 'cos I'm spouseless so this thread really doesn't apply to the likes of me): I'm considering painting mine for an upcoming Turkey Trot (It's on Thanksgiving, in case you weren't able to figure that out for yourself) - so, um...did have someone buy the toenail polish yourself? Or did you march right up to the Revlon aisle at CVS and start picking up bottles?

Next question: What colors would you recommend for Thanksgiving? Orange, Red and Brown? Or should I just go with basic black?
Go to a Black Beauty supply store and get some glue-on nails. You'll have a lot of designs to choose from, maybe some with a Thanksgiving motif.

I'd be a little embarrassed too, Pirate. In fact I am still a little embarrassed to be bf in public. Never even tried it yet other than at or in route to or from a running event, or beach.

An easy solution for most things embarrassing to buy though, get it online.

clear coat base to stop staining? damn. wish i knew.

i just buy my own. no need to be embarrassed. that happens when you forget to remove it after the race and you go out in public. i wish i also knew that you need to buy the bigger bottles since they have larger brushes making it easier to apply. the little ones are just for design. it seems sometimes you do need the help of a woman.

Reactions: jldeleon
An easy solution for most things embarrassing to buy though, get it online.

Took your advice and boughten some online (I know "boughten" is not a word). But know that because it's for men, it's not nail polish, it's nail paint which is far more masculiner (that's not a word either - Who are you? Merriam Webster, or something?). Only two colors: Orange and brown - or, as the vendor calls them "Apollo" and *ahem* "Uranus" (these are part of the "A Touch of Greece - The Gods"collection...I swear I'm not making this up). I still haven't decided if I'm going to alternate colors between toes or go left/right or paint the prime-numbered toes one color and the rest the other.

Wow - this is taking a lot of thought. Who knew it was going to be this hard to have the prettiest feet in the race?

And stripes are waaay easier to do with the small brushes and tiny nail polish bottles. BTW, they now make stick-on nail polish thingies that you may want to check out. And the names on the colors are hilarious!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-Effects-Strips-Kitty-16/dp/B004KRYST8/ref=sr_1_2_m?ie=UTF8&qid=1352688671&sr=8-2&keywords=press on nail polish

I'll keep those in mind for whenever I run a marathon...because running a 10K with leopard skin toenails would just look cheap...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090