What's your favorite 100 miler?

Getting ready to register so I'm shopping for one in California. I'm curious about people's experiences and which ones they liked and why.

Choices:
I've only run WS, but am somewhat familiar with the trails for Angeles Crest, Chimera, Cool Moon, and San Diego. You'd do fine in any of those. get recon on Ultrarunning magazine's calendar site and the "Relative Race Finish Times" link on realendurance.com.

Choose the one that will have conditions similar to those you have locally for training purposes, then choose one that fits your schedule. Apply what you learned in the 100k. Have at least one crew member that knows you as an athlete (cough, cough, Seth, cough). Even though it would seem to bring good luck, don't let your crew keep you up until midnight the night before the race. ;)

Reactions: zapmamak
Jason... how did I know you would chime in?? You crack me up! Ha! And yes. I read your recent post on the 100 mile goal and was very inspired. I'm not just looking for a race, but looking for other's experiences with it. While I'm killing time f*cking around waiting to sign up for one I thought I would check out other's thoughts on different races.

most of us are just or still learning to run bf and not nearly man enough to tackle a 100. look in southern oregon. i may drive down to help crew you there. :rolleyes:

jk. have fun wherever, whenever you do it.

Reactions: zapmamak
Ahh, cancel that. RR is sold out and I don't think any of us actually registered in time.

I know!

I'm sad - I was thinking of running the 50 but I won't know my teaching schedule till October. Teaching on Friday would mean I couldn't go.

Anyhooo...... pretty sure I'm going to come down for El Scorcho next summer. I'm usually in Plano every other year in July. In the past, we've come down for the 4th. But El Scorcho sounds like more fun than watching fireworks in the Collin County College parking lot in the back of a pickup. (Not that that wasn't fun, but we have fireworks here in MA too. What we don't have is El Scorcho!)

I know!

I'm sad - I was thinking of running the 50 but I won't know my teaching schedule till October. Teaching on Friday would mean I couldn't go.

Anyhooo...... pretty sure I'm going to come down for El Scorcho next summer. I'm usually in Plano every other year in July. In the past, we've come down for the 4th. But El Scorcho sounds like more fun than watching fireworks in the Collin County College parking lot in the back of a pickup. (Not that that wasn't fun, but we have fireworks here in MA too. What we don't have is El Scorcho!)

You should so do it! The race was a lot of fun and the 5k loop was not as boring as I had feared. They have plenty of aid stations and people out cheering and what not. It was a good time.

It's a 50K in Fort Worth. It starts at midnight. It appears to be named after a Weezer song.
Been a while since I heard Weezer. THanks for that! Ha!