What techno catch-phrases have you seen big shoe running companies use in their advertising?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
What techno catch-phrases have you seen big shoe running companies use in their advertising?

Adidas technology :

Endless energy: The new BOOST™ foam with its unique energy capsules features a magical combination of functional benefits: Unlike any other foam it gives a soft and springy cushioning and feels ‘alive’. It energizes your running stride for more efficiency independent from the temperature and ensures maximum comfort.

Conquer your next 26.2 riding on the groundbreaking boost™ foam cushioning of these men's marathon shoes. With boost™, every step you take feeds the next, resulting in an endless supply of light, fast energy. The running shoe's all-mesh upper combines breathability with stability in motion.
  • Weight: 220 g (size UK 8.5)
  • boost™'s energy-returning midsole keeps every step charged with an endless supply of light, fast energy; External heel counter for fit and comfort
  • Mesh upper
  • Comfortable textile lining
  • TORSION® SYSTEM for midfoot integrity
  • Grippy rubber outsole

wow wow wow !!!

Thanks, guys, but I'm talking about "techno-phrases," like what Sly's got above: Boost Foam and Torsion System

I want to compile a list of them.

I dont know if counts, but once, a sales person from Saucony try to convince me with this:

"The best barefoot runnings shoes are these... with these you'll conquer your PR"...

He said that at least 5 times.

Haha, check out this website TJ...Its one of those Marketing Sites that pose as a review site...check out the review category name:

"Commanding the MAXIMULIST Movement" lol

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs...nning+shoes&utm_content=Cushion+Running+Shoes

Some techno winners there:

New Balance FRESHFOAM (FRESHFOAM is trademarked by them ;-)

How bout HokaOneOne with there Meta Rocker, Active Foot Frame, and 50% more cushioning!

http://www.hokaoneone.com/technology.html

image.jpg

But maybe the Pais de resistance:

How bout the Adidas "SpringBlade"?

Which seems to be a minimalist shoe with a big hard plastic caterpillar attached to the bottoms lol :)

image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: Barefoot TJ and Sly
Okay, that's just enough to make me puke!

Reactions: I-Did-It (Steve)
Okay, that's just enough to make me puke!

The 'Springblade' is just too far out there to even take seriously enough to make fun of lol

But what about those moon boots by HokaOneOne...they actually found a few runners to pay enough to endorse those things, and they aim their marketing right at us 'silly minimalists' lol

"Cushioning is the SINGLE GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN TO RUNNING! I have not met a runner who doesn't need cushioning. It's as simple as that."

Ok then marketing brands... :confused:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test