What Made This 49-Year-Old Become the First Indian to Complete the Boston Marathon Barefoot?

thomas6.png

What Made This 49-Year-Old Become the First Indian to Complete the Boston Marathon Barefoot?

The Better India (Blog)

Meet Thomas Bobby Philip, the first Indian to successfully run the Boston Marathon barefoot. In spite of having a full time desk job, this passionate runner makes sure that running remains the most important element in his schedule. Here is his journey.

“I consider my body to be a gift from God. We need to treat our bodies with proper love and care, and fitness is key for that. When you lead a fit and healthy live, you don’t have to restrain yourself. I can’t eat this, I can’t eat that – all these restrictions go away. And one of the easiest and most economical ways to staying fit is running. You don’t need to go to any specific place, there is no need for any additional equipment other than shoes, you just have to run,” says Thomas Bobby Philip, a man known for his passion for marathons.

In April 2015, 49-year-old Thomas became the first Indian ever to successfully run the Boston Marathon barefoot — the entire 26 miles — without any break. To continue reading, please visit: http://www.thebetterindia.com/39962/thomas-bobby-philip-journey/

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test