What is your screen name about?

I live in Humboldt county

I live in Humboldt county California on the very far northern coast. Maybe some have heard of ancient Redwood tress. That is where I live. Folks from outside this area tend to tell me I'm very forward thinking. I suppose it goes with living in a area like this. Lots of inovative things happen here.

I like being outside, and exploring nature. I love to explore things in my barefeet. That could be outside in nature, city streets, stores, etc. Being barefoot is a social experiment to see how society reacts, etc. Today in a grocery store a customer complained that I was in barefeet to a store employee. Then I was told next time I come in store I need to have shoes on. Well it will be paper feet in my case, or sole less sandals that will be on my feet. It really frustartes me that others try to suppress my desire to live a healthy lifestlye. This lifestyle begins at your foundation(your feet). If only these people knew the real story about their feet, and the shoes they have on. My hope is one day people will be more educated on these types of issues. also show some sense of passion that I lead this lifestyle in the name of good health.

hence my name -

Humboldt-explorer

I was thinking about the

I was thinking about the social stigma of going barefoot while I was running today. I decided that we need to get Oprah to do a show about it. You know if she said it was cool, it would be a matter of minutes before half the country was going around BF everywhere!

When I first chose this

When I first chose this screen name (which I've used for more than 10 years now) the musical group Zapmama was a small afroeuropean acapella group that I discovered through one of my favorite artists David Byrne (Talking Heads). The music of Zapmama today is a mixture of world, jazz, pop, funk, reggae and soul and I have to admit I haven't listened to it in years. The "k" is my first initial (krista) and I often refer to myelf as just "k" as it is my signature on all my artwork.

I live in Texas in a rural

I live in Texas in a rural neighborhood with chip seal roads. My initial forays involved a lot of "ooo" "ow" and "ouch" with each step . . .

Birdy is my nickname.Long

Birdy is my nickname.

Long and winding story on this one: When I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease I was sooo skinny. My dad said, "she's like a fragile little birdy". I didn't like the idea of being fragile but then I found out about an anime superhero called "Birdy the Mighty". I am teeny skinny but strong as a bull, so I always say "Birdy's little, but MIGHTY!"

It's the vanity plate on my Harley now, too.

I needed a nickname at the

I needed a nickname at the other place since Scooter was taken.

Since I love Volcano’s, The Big Island and Hawaii in general and I have actually ran on an active Lava Field I thought the name was appropriate.

I could say I run so fast the road turns to Lava... But if any of you ever saw me run....