What is this pain you speak of?

Rusinque

Barefooters
Jan 19, 2012
houston, texas
I run/train in a group with shod runners and they are always complaining on how they are hurting when they run or theyre really sore from yesterday or they hate doing x workout cause its too hard.
Well not only im the only barefoot/minimalist runner there, I have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to pain. I love the feeling of running, I rarely am sore due to a run(even if more then 20k), and I love doing every/any workout cause it involves running!
Am I the only one that has minimal pain from running? Do you guys/gals endure pain?

I know exactly what you're saying. I used to feel more pains and aches when I used to run shod than when I've run barefoot.

I know what they are talking about but now I know what you are talking about. I used to be in pain after almost every run. A lot of ice packs, self massage, rolling. Now I run faster with less effort and no pain. I just completed my first ever marathon season without a single injury. No more ice(still do massages, not out of necessity, I just like touching myself). I now run a 6 mile run at normal training pace the day after a 20 miler.

i prefer to run bf. sometimes i run in my huaraches and every great once in a while i run in my TG's. last time i ran in those was new years day and my legs knotted up like someone had just typed braille in my legs. i think it had to do a lot with the way i tied them. my legs still get tight but no knots like on that day.

I certainly have had fewer injuries, but no pain?

Surely if you are pushing yourself hard in training and/or racing you should be expecting at least some level of pain i.e. DOMS afterwards? That kind of discomfort is not necesarily bad, but is an indicator of training adaptation.

I will also add that I went from Sept to Feb with almots no pain of that kind as I was in a Maffetone base-building pariod with aerobic running only. I think I had two races in that period, both PBs and both hurt.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11