What is one of your best tunes for barefoot running?

I never run with headphones. One day barefoot running with a fairly high cadence this tune got" in my head" and kept me going. It is Radar Love by Golden Earring. I really like the base line and shufflling drum. What tunes work for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRa3RtBiIU

Obvious selections for me

Obvious selections for me would be:

Footloose

Born to Run

and

The theme music to Chariots of Fire

:p

S. Pimp.

I also don't run with music

I also don't run with music but I do usually have the theme song from Fresh Beat Band stuck in my head.

'We'll sing and we'll play....we'll kick it our way...We'll hip hop; and pop...the music party won't stop!"
cool.png

Don't get your hopes up too

Don't get your hopes up too high Marc, its the theme song from my 1.5 year olds favorite show.

Oh, you know you like them,

Oh, you know you like them, Ram! In fact, I do too! Ha! Seriously, the Disney Channel has lots of kids who can sing, dance, and perform really well. Have you seen/heard China's video? She's incredible. They all are, those kids. Oh, my boys love to watch, so that's how I know about them.

I can't say I have any clue

I can't say I have any clue what cadence it is, but I like running to just about any Eminem, and one of my absolute favorites is Nelly's, Its just a dream (or something like that). But I never ever match my cadence to my music because I don't like running to most of the correct cadence level at all.

I rarely run with music but

I rarely run with music but when I do my personal fav to run to is "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellis. That drum intro just gets me going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMfV7A3V00

Don't forget the old standby,

Don't forget the old standby, "Turning Japanese". ;-) Also, just the other day ran across one from my younger days, "Dancing with myself" by Billy Idol. 'Cause when you're bfr in Oklahoma, you are definitely "dancing with yourself". :)

Here's a good one to keep

Here's a good one to keep your cadence up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_DPrkzGJGM

Ahhh Radar Love, I heard that

Ahhh Radar Love, I heard that on the radio last week for the first time in a while.

In that note I would definitely have to give "Hot for Teacher" a plug.

Usually I am listening to Seplutura, Clutch or Throwdown. Mainly because I am too lazy to add some new material.

Abide mentioned Sepultura. He

Abide mentioned Sepultura. He and I are now headbanging best friends!

I gotta go with something driving and/or motivational, good low-end works well too. Rollins Band, Hatebreed, Yanni...no wait, not Yanni. Manson's Golden Age of Grotesque is good for running hard.

And when I'm feeling strange nothing works better than Weird Al or The D.

I don't listen to music when

I don't listen to music when I run because I run on the roads and I'm not going to be that guy that gets run over because he couldn't hear the car coming. However, I wouldn't mind listening to music while I was on a closed course or during a race. I've only run in two big events and I can say that, while I don't mind the occasional person asking me about bfr while I'm out for a run, during a race it gets pretty old real fast. The last 1/2 marathon I did I had my headphones on listening to some Trance and I think it definitely helped. It really calmed me down and put me in a good rythym.

Yay, first post here.I have

Yay, first post here.

I have an ipod shuffle with every album underworld have done, the avant-garde lyrics are a great distraction for me on long runs.

Other favorites are Leftfield, Fluke and Hybrid.

I am so old.Welcome,

I am so old.

Welcome, Skedaddle!

Barefoot TJ wrote:I am so

Barefoot TJ said:
I am so old.

Welcome, Skedaddle!

Thanks for the welcome Barefoot TJ,

Lol i'm in my 50's, and am every relatives nightmare when it comes to wedding receptions, they ask the DJ for a Carpenters song and i ask the DJ if has any Pendulum, don't think i'll ever change.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test