What is grounding? The health benefits and evidence behind earthing

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Reactions: The Mole
I have a question which has bothered me for some time. If anyone who does believe in this, or has done some research could put me out of my misery, I'd be grateful.
The comparison has been made with an earthing rod stuck into the ground. I can see that walking on earth could produce the same effect, but what happens when you walk on carpet or some other electrically insulated floor covering? Are you still "grounded" simply by walking barefoot, or do the rules of electricity still apply?

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
... or do the rules of electricity still apply?

This. Every time I've had a circuit appear to break the laws of physics, it was always my understanding of what was going on that was wrong. Earthing is an odd, appealing concept that requires you to disagree with ordinary everyday physics, not the woo-woo quantum stuff. The kind that brought us cellphones, cars, and men on the moon. People will point out that there are only theories in physics, that nothing is truly proven. I will point out that everyone who has ever bet against gravity has lost. Are there benefits to walking around barefoot? Absolutely, but they have nothing to do with electrons and everything to do with using your feet naturally. Are there benefits to putting your bare feet on dirt? Absolutely, but it has more to do with exercising outside in nature than in grounding(in the US) or earthing(in the UK) yourself.

I have a question which has bothered me for some time. If anyone who does believe in this, or has done some research could put me out of my misery, I'd be grateful...

:hilarious:

Reactions: Noodles

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts