What Is Foot Pronation And Foot Supination? Is It Good Or Bad?

ProSupination.png
What Is Foot Pronation and Foot Supination? Is It Good or Bad?
Video Tutorial #157a

You go to your doctor and they say, “Your feet pronate too much or over pronate.

I'm sure that is what someone said to you which prompted you to google this article.

There are many ways to describe over pronation but the way I describe it is when the foot rolls outside a range I call the safe range between rolling from the outside of the foot to the inside of the foot.

This is what many call over pronation, excessive pronation, hyper pronation or sometimes called fallen arches.

Have you been told by your doctor that you have flat feet? Or do your feet supinate too much which is called over supination or excessive supination?

Pronation vs supination, which one is good or bad for you? and Why?

To read more of this article, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/manvytc

[B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=American Typewriter]Meet Dr. James Stoxen DC[/FONT][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=American Typewriter]President, [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=American Typewriter]Team Doctors[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]...
View all 1 featured items
Reactions: Sid
[beware, my English is bad but my French is better]

Foot supination or pronation is not the problem.
The problem is the shoes and insoles that keep arches. Running barefoot strengthens the muscles of the foot and lifts the arches.

Actually, there is much more to running injuries than supination or overpronation which are merely components on things that affect the gait cycle. Here was my blog post to this study which I believe to be short sighted since it looks at overpronation or supination as causative factors vs. what asymmetry involving these factors does to the gait cycle. Check out my take on this here

http://www.backfixer1.com/blog/does-overpronation-or-over-supination-cause-running-injuries-the-ny-times-explores-dr-charschan-offers-some-sound-advice-not-offered-in-the-article/

Reactions: Romani