What do you wear when not running?

SaraLord

Administrator
Jun 23, 2010
So, I'm curious. What do you wear on your feet when you aren't running? Since I started this in March, wearing shoes has become, well, unsatisfying, to say the least. I have some really great cowboy boots but feel like I'm experimenting with a medieval torture device - forget about strappy high heel shoes! Soft Star Shoes has great comfortable offerings which work great in Albuquerque, but I'm in San Diego this week and feel less than stylish. Summer was easier, huaraches go with all.

Thanks for weighing in.

Sara

I thought you really liked

I thought you really liked the Invisible Shoes huaraches, Jason, that they were your favorite. How do they compare, IYO, to the other huaraches out there?

I wear A LOT of Vans Slip

I wear A LOT of Vans Slip Ons...the flatter the better, and the more checkers the better too. Also wearing through my Rocket Dogs though they're pretty dang stiff-soled. Big fan of moccasins of all shapes and sizes. And gladiator sandals! Flat and badass!

Used to wear Keds, ballet flats, and Chuck Tayolrs but they're too narrow now. Boooo.

I like being barefoot in public when it's warm. Then again, I'm a pretty big hippie :bigsmile:

For women, I think the best

For women, I think the best shoes for work and knocking around are Target's Mossimo brand ballet flats (must be Mossimo brand) and their Mossimo brand canvas "bobo" sneakers. I have tried some of the super expensive shoes including Terra Plana, and countless other options and I think theses are the best.

I don't wear

I don't wear anything

(slight disclaimer, as I just said on the "sheeple" thread....a student of mine who accidentally ordered 2 pairs of the same vvf sprint...and it happens to be an exact fit for me, so she--yes she, I have small feet--gave me the extra pair as a gift....so now, I may just wear them when I get hassled on occasion in stores, since they fit in pockets very easily...but I just might hook them around my waist and use them as pockets for my kilt too)

Clunky hikers for work.  Tree

Clunky hikers for work. Tree guys don't have much choice, really.

I do kick'm off directly when I get in the car to go home. Tevas for general use until it get too bloody cold.

NakedSoleNate wrote:...and it

NakedSoleNate said:
...and it happens to be an exact fit for me, so she--yes she, I have small feet--

You know....I probably would've just said that SHE had extra large feet.
wink.png

Socks at work. Watershoes for

Socks at work. Watershoes for biking and almost everything else. Now that is cold I wear very thick socks outside.

Thinking of moccasins for when it get really cold.

I am tring to put them on only when I need to.

LOL Jeepmonkey....that is

LOL Jeepmonkey....that is what I should have said....with the cat out of the bag however, my wife can attest to the invalidity of the wive's tale....

I wear a lot of really soft,

I wear a lot of really soft, flat-soled leather flats. I always get mine from Aldo or Steve Madden - they're the only companies that make them out of that nice and soft leather that doesn't cut into your feet. They also have a wide toebox, which is good for me. Feels like I have nothing on my feet.

In the winter I have these super comfy, flat-heeled suede boots. they're scrunchy and hip, and I love em. Steve Madden as well. I think they still have them again this year, in fact.

I wear dress shoes at work,

I wear dress shoes at work, because I haven't found any good minimalist dress shoes that are also courtroom appropriate.

At home, I go barefoot, and VFFs if I go into a store.

I wear flip flops or KSOs

I wear flip flops or KSOs mostly. If I wear flip flops, I usually kick them off at work and walk around barefoot until I go to lunch or go home.

Thanks everyone!  It seems I

Thanks everyone! It seems I need to go shopping. I'm thinking of making my own flat leather shoes. If anyone has a lead on patterns or websites I'd really appreciate it.

Sara

Thanks for weighing in

Thanks for weighing in everyone. Clearly I need to go shoe shopping. Actually, I've thought to make my own - does anyone have a lead on patterns/websites?

Sara

right now i have my invisible

right now i have my invisible shoes on with injinji socks. i often wear ff for church. it's kinda sad, really. i have such a shoe fetish and have a closet that is literally full of shoes and now i hate all of them. winter is challenging because of snow and slush. i may have to wear my terra planas when i need a more conventional type of shoe to keep the wet out. i've ordered some soft star runamocs that i have high hopes for!

I've heard great things about

I've heard great things about the runamocs and have a pair on my wish list. I too, look at my closet full of cowboy boots and mourn their loss. . .

Flip flops, vans, and my nike

Flip flops, vans, and my nike wavy janes kayak shoes. I often wear the wavy janes with socks in the winter. The sole is similar to my VFFs.