what do you think about nudism? you like it or disapprove it?

I really don't want to see a bunch of ugly, naked people walking around everywhere. Puke!

Oh, and I'd be one of them...not!

Reactions: bare_ftazn
I really don't want to see a bunch of ugly, naked people walking around everywhere. Puke!

The thing is, that's what a lot of people say about our feet.

When we see a bunch of naked people who are Amazonian Indians, somehow they look just fine to us, whether they are fat or thin, or whatever. But when it comes to so-called civilized people, it is suddenly disgusting. It's just that we're not used to it.

I've often said that, if you really wanted to make me cover a part of me in order to improve the scenery, you'd make me wear a bag over my head.

When we see a bunch of naked people who are Amazonian Indians, somehow they look just fine to us, whether they are fat or thin, or whatever. But when it comes to so-called civilized people, it is suddenly disgusting. It's just that we're not used to it.

I've often said that, if you really wanted to make me cover a part of me in order to improve the scenery, you'd make me wear a bag over my head.
I know, I know. I've seen some ugly ass feet too!

Don't feel bad, I'd have to wear a gunny sack up to my neck. :eek:

Three or four years ago, there is no way that you would have seen me on a nude beach, but now that there is 40lbs less of me to display, the idea of nude sunbathing quite appeals actually :)

I think that may also be an increase-in-confidence-and-chilled-attitude thing with being barefooted more often, however, for the record, I don't think there is any connection at all between nudism and barefoot running.

PS - I also think that, like what shoes do to our feet, the average human body is made ugly by the clothes we squeeze ourselves into

I think my kids are concerned with how uninhibited I have become. :eek: My husband just thinks I'm cute no matter what I do, as it should be. I just care less and less what others think, because someone is always offended or making fun. I have also learned to accept my own body more; not that I think it's great, but it's what I've got and I'm goin' with it.

Neither, as long as I don't have to see it.

... -.-

As long as no one is harmed or offended by it, why not?

thats the problem, majority of people get offended by human anatomy, their own anatomy is too ugly, or shamful, or unnatural

so true so true

indeed many people have ugly bodies due to sedentarism, obessity (but it would be nasty to go to a beach too and see those ugly bodies (ive seen a lot)), but also isnt (as ahcuah said) the same way some people feel about barefooters?

our ancestors were always naked, also never ocurred to any of you that no one gets offended or disgusted for seeing a dogs butthole and vagina/penis?

dogs cats etc are naked, you can see their genitals, there is nothing wrong with it, the same there is nothing wrong with nudity in humans

2 things are infinite

Same argument used against bare feet... The fact that someone doesn't like the way other people look, is not reason for those people to alter or cover themselves. The same argument could be made about people with "ugly" faces. And it would be as invalid a reason for asking people to cover their "ugly" bodies.

My blog post for today happened to tie in very well with this. Maybe folks will enjoy it. (And, only because it was convenient, I borrowed a certain someone's quote.) Take a look at it here:

The Western Assumption

Same argument used against bare feet... The fact that someone doesn't like the way other people look, is not reason for those people to alter or cover themselves. The same argument could be made about people with "ugly" faces. And it would be as invalid a reason for asking people to cover their "ugly" bodies.
Yea, yea, yea! I know, I know, I know. But (or butt) our bodies are "private" our feets are not, at least around these parts...or our parts...or whatevers.

My blog post for today happened to tie in very well with this. Maybe folks will enjoy it. (And, only because it was convenient, I borrowed a certain someone's quote.) Take a look at it here:

The Western Assumption
Oh, I feel so...honored.

Now, who wants to play Truth or Dare?

Yea, yea, yea! I know, I know, I know. But (or butt) our bodies are "private" our feets are not, at least around these parts...or our parts...or whatevers.

And once upon a time, it was okay to own other humans in those parts (and before that, in many other parts). Just because something is a law, or a social taboo, does not mean that it should not be questioned. All of these assumptions, "that the body is private", "that is it okay to own other humans", "that one should not go to restaurants barefoot", "that one should never question authority", "that our parents and teachers are always correct", that "marriage is between a man and a woman" are all assumptions that SHOULD be questioned... and after all, that's exactly what this discussion is doing.

I'm not saying that everyone should be required to go naked, no matter if they want to or not (just as the rights of homosexuals to marry, despite what some argue, has no effect on heterosexual marriages - no one is saying that we all must get "gay married"). But the idea that others find the sight of mine, or anyone else's body (or feet, or face, or handicap - yes it's not uncommon enough for individuals to be offended by those with handicaps appearing in public - or marriage) offensive, is not reason at all to force others to cover up and hide from public (or pubic :) ) view.

Of course, most of us will comply with most laws (no matter how stupid), most of the time, not because of the assumption that "all laws are reasonable" (laws are made by people, and most people don't even understand what "reasonable" means). We comply (most of the time) simply because we don't like to be jailed, pay fines, be scorned, or beaten up by police or mobs of "unruly" people.

I know, I know, I know...