What causes spider veins in your feet?

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
I have spider veins on the insides of my feet along the arch, when i was younger I always had very veiny feet. I wonder what causes it, I am on concrete 12 hrs a day but I haven't had any foot injuries except sprained ankles? Any ideas, how do you get rid of them?

They can be removed with

They can be removed with surgery or laser treatment. The laser basically closes up the vein which stops the blood flowing through it, so you don't see the spider vein. I understand that people who do a lot of running get them in their legs more than most people, but basically people who are on their feet all day can get them.

I am on my feet all day 12

I am on my feet all day 12 hrs straight and I run, but not as much as I use to. My workload doesn't allow me to run alot. I average around 25 to 35mpw. Enough to keep me in shape lol. Is the laser thing exspensive? I am not really overly concerned with it, it just looks yucky being as I go barefoot all the time. In summer my tan covers it lol. I guess it's a part of getting older lol?

Yea, it probably is part of

Yea, it probably is part of getting older too. My mom has them all over, and she's never been a runner. I have no idea how much that would cost. It most likely won't be covered by insurance, since most of the time, it's just cosmetic. I think a dermatologist is the one who would do the procedure. Call around and get pricing. Good luck.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test