What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Since you are offering any chance you can get me a case of this? Pretty pretty please?

http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/brouwerij.htm

I'll try any of them!

Trappist Westvleteren Blond (5,8 vol.% ABV) 30,00 euros
Trappist Westvleteren 8 (dark) (8 vol.% ABV) 34,00 euros
Trappist Westvleteren 12 (dark) (10,2 vol.% ABV) 39,00 euros

I never thought somone on this site would come up with these!!LOL But good choice,there's only one problem,that is that west-vleteren you can only get after you ordered them(A LONG TIME AHEAD!!)And their place is on the opposite side of the country(yeah I know,the opposite side of belgium is a trip to the supermarket for you).I'd be happy to help anybody out by sending them something which they can't get where they live as long as I can get it around the corner so to speak,if you catch my meaning:D

I never thought somone on this site would come up with these!!LOL But good choice,there's only one problem,that is that west-vleteren you can only get after you ordered them(A LONG TIME AHEAD!!)And their place is on the opposite side of the country(yeah I know,the opposite side of belgium is a trip to the supermarket for you).I'd be happy to help anybody out by sending them something which they can't get where they live as long as I can get it around the corner so to speak,if you catch my meaning:D
If I can get my hands on west-vleteren i'll keep you in mind.I don't like it very much myself.;)

All this talk of Belgian beer is making me jealous! It's a long while since I've been there. I did geta trip to Holland last year, adn the beer there is good, but it doesn't match the good dark Belgian beers.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Australian beer I had last night, much higher level of hoppiness and bitterness than I was expecting, like a decent IPA. Just need to remember which one it was!
Next time you're in holland try HERTOG JAN,this (I think) is a very nice dutch beer,they have a couple more.Grolsch in the old-style bottles is good too.grolsch.jpg

Reactions: Lomad and Bare Lee
Haha, Ok definitely keep me in mind if you come across any. Speaking of Holland I may be traveling over there later this year I'll definitely try it out. I am actually a little scared to go to Europe as I will be forced to consume an ungodly amount of beer.

$3.36 for a bottle of trappist ale is actually a steal for us. We pay, depending on the label, $10-$20/bottle for Chimay here in the states. And I could only imagine westvleteren is immensley better than Chimay.

Reactions: Robin
Haha, Ok definitely keep me in mind if you come across any. Speaking of Holland I may be traveling over there later this year I'll definitely try it out. I am actually a little scared to go to Europe as I will be forced to consume an ungodly amount of beer.

$3.36 for a bottle of trappist ale is actually a steal for us. We pay, depending on the label, $10-$20/bottle for Chimay here in the states. And I could only imagine westvleteren is immensley better than Chimay.

I only once had a west-vleteren blond.It's noy my cup of tea...It's a really medieval style beers,it's quite heavy drinking.I don't know if you can relate to what I mean by this:)let me know...
OK,I already think that ales are expensive!!3,36 a steal??o_O:D !!Chimay after you add chipping cost,UPS charges by weight,could be you end up it being as costly as getting it in the US.I used to send cheese to canada(sshhhh...don't tell,you're not supposed to send food:oops:) That was quite expensive too,but there was no way for them to get the cheese they wanted so every 6weeks or so I would send them a bunch.

There's this festival near where I live and on that day we can get beer that's hand-made old style!!I'll check out the date on that maybe you could come over for a day and try it yourself.bokrijk03.jpg
THis the setting for such an event,it's an open air museum near where I live.For some days out every year the artisan occupations are on display there,they have several breweries where they still make beer the old way and on that day it's open to the public to enjoy(read:"drink about 6-8 of those beers and be out laying in the grass for the rest of the day,looking for images in the clouds!!:rolleyes:

I do know what you mean about the medieval style. I have had 4 different trappist ales and I really have enjoyed all of them. I would even go as far as considering them my favorite style of beer. I think the cloudier, heavier, more alcholic the better :)

Yeah it is insanely expensive and it is probably the only type of beer I would pay that kind of money for. It would be totally worth it for me.

I do know what you mean about the medieval style. I have had 4 different trappist ales and I really have enjoyed all of them. I would even go as far as considering them my favorite style of beer. I think the cloudier, heavier, more alcholic the better :)

Yeah it is insanely expensive and it is probably the only type of beer I would pay that kind of money for. It would be totally worth it for me.

Which ones do you like,the dark ones or the blond ones?

I just uncapped one of theseDSCN8307.JPG
It's 8pm here by the way,wouldn't want you thinking I'm somekind of weird drunken bum on bare feet running around lilke bigfoot:oops:

Which ones do you like,the dark ones or the blond ones?

I honestly like them all, there are a few companies out here that make a decent version of the blondes. Actually the Yard House has there own brand that is pretty delicious, I'm not sure who brews it for them though. Anyway if I were in Belgium, I would likely stick to the darker versions like the Chimay Blue mainly because they are more available.

Reactions: Robin
i just left budapest and i'm in prague right now. i know for sure i've so far had some pilsner urquel and a master, or something like that. can't wait to see what the next few days bring seeing as the dr's here recommend everyone drink a minimum of 1 liter of beer a day and it's cheaper than water.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Speight's from New Zealand, it's not bad, but could do with a bit more hoppiness

Winnipeg Folk Festival is still a big thing here, the whole town rocks and is a little rowdy during that time. :)
Yah, it was pretty amazing. We hadn't even gotten our tents pitched when a young mushroom salesman showed up, and beer breakfasts were apparently de rigueur. People in Winnipeg are pretty similar to people in Minnesota, except you know more about the queen.

Yup, when you go to all events you got to have a responsible person with you you to remind and inform you how everything was, because of ones memory becoming hazy at arrival and for the duration of the festival. The hardest thing about Folk Fest is the recovery afterwards. :D

Yup, when you go to all events you got to have a responsible person with you you to remind and inform you how everything was, because of ones memory becoming hazy at arrival and for the duration of the festival. The hardest thing about Folk Fest is the recovery afterwards. :D
Yah, I'm not usually a very hardy partier, but that weekend I had the stamina of a 18-year-old; three days straight and then the long drive home taking turns at the wheel while the other three slept. I do remember seeing Oregon, and my college friend Dan Bern, and watching the sun come up with thousands of people dancing and drumming on that one hill built for the pope or somebody. Collective effervescence at its best--kind of like the roar of a 60,000-person sports crowd spread out over hours. The various clumps of drummers would syncopate for a bit into a giant beat and then dissipate, like the build-up and crashing of waves.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11