What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Not quite, but glad that it worked out for you.

It's also fairly common for contractors to give out their cell while they're working on a project, but again they probably don't want you to post them online. I have the contractors' cell numbers for the fence, plumbing, garage door, AC, appliance delivery, pest control, etc.
Sure, contractors make sense too, especially if you're hiring them for an electric fence, or for rendering some sort of ritualistic appliance. You want that stuff kept private. I understand. I guess it would also make sense if I had a Hopslam deliverytruck driver's number. I wouldn't want the neighbors to find out about it, call him and divert him en route, as the French brasseurs might say.

Oh, did I mention that the Hopslam is easily the best IPA I've ever tasted? (!!! , , , ...) It's got so much going on, but it's all perfectly balanced, excellent start and superb finish, I think it even has good "mouthfeel." Clearly, Bell's has a brewer who is completely on top of his game, in a zone, some kind of sorcery going on, or at least advanced alchemy. I think I've finally understood the importance of mouthfeel, akin to when a shoddie discovers the concept/perception of 'groundfeel' for the first time, like on a fine Persian carpet, or cool, refreshing sand.

To see what the fuss is all about, I picked up a bottle of Hopslam to go from the local college hangout, World Of Beer. Holy moley, $11!

I'm not a big fan of hoppy beer, as many of them are bitter without much contrast for balance. However, Hopslam certainly has enough character, and I like the different notes and overtones. Although I'm still not a fan of hoppy beer, I can see why people like it so much.

Sure, contractors make sense too, especially if you're hiring them for an electric fence, or for rendering some sort of ritualistic appliance. You want that stuff kept private. I understand. I guess it would also make sense if I had a Hopslam deliverytruck driver's number. I wouldn't want the neighbors to find out about it, call him and divert him en route, as the French brasseurs might say.

Oh, did I mention that the Hopslam is easily the best IPA I've ever tasted? (!!! , , , ...) It's got so much going on, but it's all perfectly balanced, excellent start and superb finish, I think it even has good "mouthfeel." Clearly, Bell's has a brewer who is completely on top of his game, in a zone, some kind of sorcery going on, or at least advanced alchemy. I think I've finally understood the importance of mouthfeel, akin to when a shoddie discovers the concept/perception of 'groundfeel' for the first time, like on a fine Persian carpet, or cool, refreshing sand.

AMEN

So I stopped on way home from Seattle to pick up some thai food for dinner and found a beer place. When stopping in to check it out they informed me my favorite beer is now being brewed again! Walking Man Homo Erectus! Yay! They had just sold out of it but get some in periodically so will definitely have to stop in and pick up a few growlers of it. I thought this brew was permenantly gone due to problems with their brewmaster leaving a while back. I am so dang excited I can't hardly stand it. Must be that feeling you all seem to be having over the hopslam you all been talking so much about.

On a quest to console myself in the absence of Hopslam, and my accompanying new found affinity for double IPAs, I'm working my way through as many as I can. It's a dirty job.

palate wrecker: it was ok, a little less sweet than Hopslam, but something about the finish or balance or something didn't strike my fancy.
http://www.greenflashbrew.com/our-beers.php

hop rocket: A lot closer to Hopslam, I think. Good. May have to try it again to really make up my mind.

http://www.arcadiaales.com/index.php/ales/beer-brands/vintage-beers/hop-rocket.html

On a quest to console myself in the absence of Hopslam, and my accompanying new found affinity for double IPAs, I'm working my way through as many as I can. It's a dirty job.

palate wrecker: it was ok, a little less sweet than Hopslam, but something about the finish or balance or something didn't strike my fancy.
http://www.greenflashbrew.com/our-beers.php

hop rocket: A lot closer to Hopslam, I think. Good. May have to try it again to really make up my mind.

http://www.arcadiaales.com/index.php/ales/beer-brands/vintage-beers/hop-rocket.html
Doubles (imperials) ipas are my favorite. Glad we have such a huge selection of them up here in the Pac NW.

Tonight I am drinking 10 Barrels Project Failed: Red Ale. Not my favorite but it's drinkable. I'm just not a big red ale fan, but it was in the variety pack I got so guess I gotta drink it.

Join the club. Frankly, I don't think it should be allowed to leave my state for distribution until I've had my fill.
:D
Found another six-pack right under my nose. There's a little over-priced wine shoppe in my neighborhood's one-block, Bavarian-styled business district. I almost never go there, but we needed a bottle of red for our Friday night steaks, and I didn't want to run out to the huge retail place just for that, or even just two miles away to our decent local liquor store by University Avenue. The six-pack was just sitting there, on top of a stack of cases, indignant to be one of the last unsold Hopslams in MN. The saucy Fräulein at the cash register with Friday-night cleavage said the owner had been saving it for someone who never showed. She said she was glad it was going to a good home. It wasn't refrigerated, I hope it's not off. She had a pretty good, cheap wine rec in any case, I must say, one that was new to me: a Carménère from Chile.

BTW, I bought a SN IPA variety 12-pack. Only the Torpedo, one of my favorites, was drinkable. The other three types of IPAs were just other kinds of beer--a saison, a porter, maybe a wheat?--with extra hops in them. I guess I'm just a died-in-the-(Merino)wool IPA cat. Funny how awful it tasted when I first tried it 20 years ago.

uploadfromtaptalk1393883077008.jpgAlthough it isn't night, a good beer doesn't need a particular time of day to be savored.

Any recommendations for ones that are distributed widely enough for me to hunt down in the midwest?
Not sure exactly where you are, do you have Great Lakes beers commonly available? Its seasonal but one of my favorites is their Alchemy Hour Double IPA. I dont think its out yet but if I recall from last year it hit the shelves pretty soon. And their Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA... think that one came out later towards end of spring/summer. I am kind of hit or miss on the doubles/imperials... not familiar with any mass produced ones that I really liked. Is Dogfish Heads 90 minute considered one? Stronger than the average IPA and very good. Still trying to find their 120 minute IPA, but I hear its way over the top. SN's Hoptimum IIPA was a bit too over the top as well.

Not sure exactly where you are, do you have Great Lakes beers commonly available? Its seasonal but one of my favorites is their Alchemy Hour Double IPA. I dont think its out yet but if I recall from last year it hit the shelves pretty soon. And their Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA... think that one came out later towards end of spring/summer. I am kind of hit or miss on the doubles/imperials... not familiar with any mass produced ones that I really liked. Is Dogfish Heads 90 minute considered one? Stronger than the average IPA and very good. Still trying to find their 120 minute IPA, but I hear its way over the top. SN's Hoptimum IIPA was a bit too over the top as well.
Dogfish makes some pretty good beer. The 90 min is good, so is the Burton Barton. I think I have had the 120 a while ago and I seem to think I really liked it too. Kind of surprised we get that beer way out here in the Pac NW. Um, oh, and not sure if you all get Fire Walker out that direction (for you too Sced), but their Double Jack is awesome! Easily one of my favorites but it is pretty spendy. A 22oz'er is something like $10-12 here I think, although I can get a six pack for like $15 or so if I pay attention and can find it. I wish I could buy that all the time, but at that price my wifey gets pretty unhappy. They have a really good stout too. Really really good actually. My wife even likes it and she doesn't like stouts much. I forget the name of it but I think it may be a seasonal or maybe one of their new beers as it's only recently been offered here.

Reactions: Tristan-OH

I tried the 90 minute IPA just recently. I"m remembering it was quite good.

OH, yes, I also tried the Hoptimum IPA, and as I'm recalling it was just one huge hops and nothing else to balance it out.

Our tastes are aligned with those two.

Will look for the Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA........there are some specialty shops around here that have big selection of micros from all over.

I'm in Michigan, land of Bells, New Holland, Founders, oh, gosh, and several others. In fact, every other tiny town around here seems to think they oughta have a brewery at least as much as they oughta have a post office. I tend to agree.

THNX
:)

Dogfish makes some pretty good beer. The 90 min is good, so is the Burton Barton. I think I have had the 120 a while ago and I seem to think I really liked it too. Kind of surprised we get that beer way out here in the Pac NW. Um, oh, and not sure if you all get Fire Walker out that direction (for you too Sced), but their Double Jack is awesome! Easily one of my favorites but it is pretty spendy. A 22oz'er is something like $10-12 here I think, although I can get a six pack for like $15 or so if I pay attention and can find it. I wish I could buy that all the time, but at that price my wifey gets pretty unhappy. They have a really good stout too. Really really good actually. My wife even likes it and she doesn't like stouts much. I forget the name of it but I think it may be a seasonal or maybe one of their new beers as it's only recently been offered here.

We do have some West Coast beers here in the little beer/wine shops. I'll look around.
I've been on a hops kick for long enough that it's about time to try a good stout again, which used to be the only kind of beer I would drink.

Reactions: NickW