What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

So drinking that Leafer Madness beer tonight. Man, it is pretty dang good. The hard part is it seems like no matter how slowly and easily that you pour it, you still get a pretty good churn of the yeast so you en up with lots of floaties. If you can get past those you will be seriously impressed with the taste of the beer. Pours a real murky golden color and looks a lot like the Alameda Yellow Wolf that I love so much. This is 9% abv and 100+ ibu, so drink responsibly as this beer goes down pretty easy and will sneak up on you. :)

Reactions: Bare Lee
Had quite a few local brewed Amber Ales - watching a John Lennon tribute band on Thursday evening. Lots of folks around from the new cruise ship Norwegian Breakaway and Celebrity Summit - great evening. Best part - daughter was working on the tour boats and then drove mom and pop home as the designated driver after she finished work. Life is good!

Reactions: Bare Lee
Last night I had a Ninkasi Babylon Double IPA. Pretty good. Not a lot of head to it, but a good coppery color and good flavor. This is a special release beer so if you get a chance to try it you might want to as it's pretty good. It's pretty strong at 9.1% ABV and is rated as 100 IBU.

Nick that sounds good, where is it made?

Worked in the garden for a few hours yesterday evening so decided to treat myself to a new brew, tried Dogfish Head's Aprihop. An IPA brewed with apricots. Was a bit unsure when I picked it up but I rather enjoyed it. The slight bit of added fruitiness went well with the long session in the garden.

image.jpeg

I ran Detroit's River Walk yesterday, and not finding any outdoor venue along the river to enjoy a cold one I drove to Motor City Brewery and enjoyed a couple of Ghetto Blasters. Not bad for a mild English ale, and it just sounded so right while staring at the boarded up buildings surrounding the brewery's roof top beer garden.

Nick that sounds good, where is it made?
Tristan, the Ninkasi Babylon Double IPA is made in Eugene, Oregon I believe. Ninkasi Brewing Company is the brewers name. A lot of people really like Ninkasi, but for me they are hit or miss, but then again I really like imperial ipa's a lot and stouts. They have an Oatis Oatmeal Stout that I really like, they have the Tricerahops Double IPA that I really like, and then this Babylon Double IPA. While I was just on their site I saw a special release of an Imperiale Stout. Now I have to keep my eye out for it because I like imperial stouts too.

Afternoon break from garden work refreshment: Magic Hat IPA, think it was called Encore? Ehh ok nothing that great.

For dinner I had one of my faves, Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger IPA.

And since its a long weekend, just cracked open a new one for me, Dogfish Head palo santo marron. DFH has never ceased to amaze me with interesting (sometimes strange) but good brews. This one rings in at 12% and looks like a solid opaque sludge brown. Potent! I like it, but it's a sipping beer for me lol! Poured half of it for now, keeping the other half for tomorrow!

Reactions: NickW
And since its a long weekend, just cracked open a new one for me, Dogfish Head palo santo marron. DFH has never ceased to amaze me with interesting (sometimes strange) but good brews. This one rings in at 12% and looks like a solid opaque sludge brown. Potent! I like it, but it's a sipping beer for me lol! Poured half of it for now, keeping the other half for tomorrow!
Dogfish Head definitely has some good brews. I'll have to keep my eye out for this one.

Thanks to Abide I have a new one for my favorites list.

Camelback IPA from The Phoenix Ale Brewery. I find this beer a good in between from a Pale Ale to an IPA. Not nearly as sweet as a heavier IPA. It has a good finish. Seems crisper than most IPAs. It's going to be a little hard to find in my area. I'll have to poke around in Las Vegas a little.

I am letting loose a bit tonight now that I finally finished my final project. Drinking Oakshire Brewings The Perfect Storm, which is a double IPA. It's a 100+ IBU beer with 9.3% ABV. Pretty good, but not sure if that is because I haven't had a good beer in quite a while or if it truly is pretty good. In fact, I haven't had a beer all week as I've been trying to be really good with watching my calories.

I'm having a post pump & run coffee in Kalamazoo on the patio of The Water Street Coffee Joint and am looking at the Bells Brewery building and cafe/pub/garden/patio. It's not even noon, but it sure looks tempting. Bells loaded me up with carbs last night for a 12:20 5K. Got to love the pump & run!

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. First time for this beer. Not bad.
I prefer the 90 minute unless I want a lighter tasting beer, but it cost a lot more since you only get the 4-packs. Still on the hunt for their 75 and 120 minute IPA's haven't found em yet.

My old shift at work went out last night (that shift has today off) since one person is moving to a different job. I joined em for one, the place downstairs had Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster (Imperial IPA) on tap. First time having it on tap... it was great. I think I still like their Alchemy Hour double IPA better by a hair, but those two are on my top 10 favorite beer list.

Just out of curiosity I'm trying something called a Shandy....its hard lemonade mixed with beer, I have Mike's version and Leinenkugels too. Its not bad as a thirst quencher type drink when its hot out...vaguely reminds me of a drink I had several times in Germany called a Raddler or something like that. I like the Leinenkugels best out of these two...not as sweet as the Mikes.

Not a fan of lemony beers. I've progressed to the point that I can enjoy an orange slice on a pint of Bells Oberon, but still can't stand shandy style nor the limey chilada.
Did taste a brew pub's raspberry wheat and managed to finish the sample couple of ounces, but ordered a pint of the plain wheat instead.
Just not a fruity beer kind of guy I guess.

Reactions: dutchie53 and NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test