What are your kids wearing on their feet?Are they runners?

I just ran in a pair of water

I just ran in a pair of water shoes from swimoutlet today. They do work very nicely and are very minimalist. I added a pair of knee-high gaiters and spikes (the kind on the rubber frame) and could gave gone in really deep snow, not quite water-proof but close. We'll get two feet of snow in the next couple of days so I guess I'll get to try it out. :)

Four kids, Zero runners.  I

Four kids, Zero runners. I try, but they are just not interested. I even tried to show them how fun races were by doing a few 5k fun runs with them. One of my sons did a 1/2 marathon with me, but is now only interested in running in PE class. They are interested in being barefoot though, just not for running. Not complaining, they are all great kids and good students.

Zems, barefoot or these soft

Zems, barefoot or these soft boots for my 7yr old daughter.

Zems, barefoot or Sketcher Hawks for my 4yr old son.

They are both about to start training for a 5k doing the C25K.

-Jonny

Interesting, do kids really

Interesting, do kids really need to do a program like C25K? Seems like most kids can run for a surprising distance before needing to rest, more than the 45/60/90 second intervals used in the beginning weeks of C25K. How are they getting along with it?

dutchie, i would make my kids

dutchie, i would make my kids run from me and my belt. of course i was finally challenged and stood up to so that came to an end. the older girl used to love to run. she doesn't really anymore or won't around me. she wears converse type shoes with orthotics. she won't listen to reason.

the little one loves boots and heels. she won't run at all but is a flexible little dancer.

Maybe that was why my kids

Maybe that was why my kids were always at their best in the sprint events for track and field. Lol. My 17 year old daughter loves to run. Being a teenager she is not into morning runs but usually joins me on my afternoon runs. She loves her vff's. My oldest son runs on the treadmill now at the gym and looks forward to kicking my butt in 10k's in the summer. He enjoys it as well. I have run for the last 30 years so they have always known that their dad runs, they all did track and field, but it is only these 2 that run for recreation. I don't put any pressure on the rest of the herd to run. All though I had the whole family out for a 5 km run this summer, that was awesome.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts