What are your favorite minimalist shoes?

I like a pair of plain old

I like a pair of plain old socks on a cold, chilly 20s day.

I haven't had a chance to try

I haven't had a chance to try the evos yet - I'm looking forward to it soon, though. What about them do you prefer over, say, VFFs?

It it is too cold or rough

It it is too cold or rough for BF, I like my VFF Sprints, but went for my first run in Huaraches this week. It was great, I have really thin sole material I bought from a shoe repair guy in Thailand and have pink deerskin laces that are very soft to the shoes gave lots of feedback on surface conditions and were very comfortable. They will be my shoe of choice this summer when I have to wear shoes. VFFs are fun in stores because of the funny looks, but they are too hot in the summer in Virginia.

I have only used my VFF KSO's

I have only used my VFF KSO's and KSO Trek's. I need to do some more research on other shoes. I have been running in VFF since Dec 08 and lovin' it!

Because of a year-long

Because of a year-long challenge/experiment, VFF are my choice. Among them, the Flows are my favorite to run in. That may change as the weather warms. Since purchasing some Classics, however, I have found that they are easy to put on, so I wear them more often for a regular shoe.

Running - In the cold 40F and

Running - In the cold 40F and below my all leather Arrow moccasins are my hands down favorite, these aren't meant for running but work very well in the cold and/wet with merino wool socks.

For warm weather its Kso's for now but itching to make Huaraches for trail running when its hot out. I wear a pair of rope sandals at work that are similar to Huaraches and like them as a casual shoe.... flip flops rule for anytime wear.

Grugly, thank you for your

Grugly, thank you for your service to our country.

My trusty old red

My trusty old red VFF Sprints. I've never quite got the hang of my huaraches and my beefier VFFs are fine but get pulled out only when beefier footwear is needed.

My tastes are currently in a

My tastes are currently in a state of flux. Last year, my favorite was easily my blue/camo VFF Classics. But, my high arch has averaged out, my feet have lengthened, and they are now too snug to be comfortable. Sadly, that color is no longer offered in the Classics. Yesterday, I picked up some blah taupe/putty VFF Sprints and some Reef Leather Smoothy flip flops. I've also made a pair of double layer leather huaraches. Still, no favorite yet.

Tim, interesting you noted

Tim, interesting you noted the change in your feet. My very old black KSOs, which I've worn for about 600 miles of running + countless gym workouts now give me a blister on my pinky toe. I never had a problem before. Weird stuff...

I've been using my VFF

I've been using my VFF classics for about two weeks now and love them. I run a lot on gravel roads and the combination of the cold dirt and razor sharp stones were tough to handle. But with the VFF's I'm moving along as fast as I used to with shoes. Not sure what they'll be like as it warms up though.

I'm partial to my VFF

I'm partial to my VFF Classics, but I think I may be needing a new pair pretty soon - not sure if I'll get another pair of Classics or try out KSOs

Hi J.  In the warmer months,

Hi J. In the warmer months, I would think the Classics and Sprints would be more comfortable, since, at least, the top of your feet are exposed to the air.

VFF KSO has been the stand by

VFF KSO has been the stand by for "shoes" on da run.

Around town I've been wearing flip flops between bursts of barefooting downtown Grand Rapids...

In the snow, my treks have

In the snow, my treks have been great. Now that the streets are generally snow free, my KSOs are taking over. Once the trails finish melting and firm up, the treks will get another turn.

I also recently bought a pair of classics and haven't had a chance to run in them yet, but I have a feeling they will be warm weather road favorite.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts