Welcome to the Official Hawaii Chapter Page!

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Dirtbag, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Dirtbag

Dirtbag
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Hawaii

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the Hawaii Chapter of the BRS. Whereabouts on the island is everyone situated? This will help organize some groups runs.

I live in Wahiawa, on Oahu.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. NicoleK

NicoleK
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Hawaii

Aloha!

I'm very new to the idea of barefoot running and still in the transition phase. My feet are still too "wussy" to be fully barefoot so I do use my Vibram 5-fingers. I wear them as my normal footwear about 4 of 7 days per week and am working into running.

I live in Kahaluu for now- looking at a move to Kailua this summer. I would definitely like to meet up with other Hawai'i barefoot runners and learn from everyone.

Nicole

3. Dirtbag

Dirtbag
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Hawaii

Nicole, that's great! I'm not really a "true" barefooter either. Every once in a while I'll go naked but I normally run in my VFF KSOs. If you are interested in going fully barefoot then the common advice around here is to not wear anything while running and go for slow, short runs until your body adapts. Shoes of any type will just slow down the transition. But if you're happy on the minimalist end of the spectrm we'll all still love you.

4. fireman808

fireman808
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Hawaii

I live in Ewa.

5. Unclad Lad

Unclad Lad
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Hawaii

Living out in the wilds of Waianae. You can spot me barefoot in Maili beach park or strolling down Farrington in my five fingers. Seems like we're spread out across the island pretty good but would be nice to try to meetup anyway so we could exchange thoughts on technique and philosophy.